• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interviews

funky miller

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Slats4ever said:
Slats4ever
Kears AFL ALL THE WAY MAN. You cant beat it (Sorry cricket diehards) GO THE CROWS.

Slats4ever I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MAN

Greatest Sporting moment?

Kears Crows back to back premierships (97-98)
I like the way you think.

'Carn the Crows

Who cares if we are 0 and 4, we had neally as bad of a start in both our premiership years

Also, Slats I would love to be interviewed

Last edited:

NikhilN

International Regular
Ok here is a interview I did with Simon.These might not be the best questions but hey this is my first try.

How does it feel to be on the top?
Well this is my first season in charge of South Australia and im already feeling the pressure. some people dont think i can keep SA at the top, but i am aiming to prove them wrong.

How easy or difficult is it to manage one of the best teams WCC has seen?
I imagine its going to be tough to keep sA at the top. We have good enough players to stay there, but the competition is stiff, Kent, Karnakata, Surrey etc... all have excellent teams who are going to be tough to beat.

Out of all your players, who do you think is the best performer in batting?
This season we will be looking for Allen and Midlane to really stand up in both forms. The young guys like Hammett and Haylett will hopefully play to their ability and we will go ok. But i see Allen as thebig key in the batting line up and hes expecting to bat number three.

How about bowling?
Ferguson is our best four day bowler for sure. But a few of the older plays like Axelby and Snow will contribute a lot in four day. Snow will get some bowling, but maybe not as much as he would expect. Bond will play a limited role in four day cricket as we are trying to get the best out of him in one dayers.

Are injuries a worry to you?
If we were to get injuries we would certainly prfer them in the batting line up. Our attack is very good, but like most teams there isnt a lot of depth to cover the injuries.

Which team do you like to play the most against?
With ACT it was always a big thrill to beat Mashonaland. New South Wales were always great rivals of mine and im expecting that to grow now that im back with a top team. I can see a real rivalry with kent starting though. we have a number of their former players and they have quite a few of South Australia's.

Which player do you wish you had in your squad?
Theres a couple that every manager would want. Western Province boys Darden and LLewellyn come to mind first. O Clarke from Canterbury will have a very good year i think. But for me id like one or two of my forwer guys. My old captain at ACT Michael Dawn is a fantastic player and hes another who i think is going to have a cracking year.

If you could manage some other team, which will it be?
Well South Australia are my third team, so im slowing getting closer to managing all the teams! If i was told i couldnt manage SA anymore i would like to go back to ACT or maybe have a crack with Guyana. hey have a good team this year and will win the 4d title, it could be exciting to bring thm all the way from the bottom. but they have a really good manager who wont be stepping over and he should guide them extrmely well.

Where would you like to see your team improve on?
Being reigning one day and four day division 1 champs its hard to see where the team could improve. This season im hoping all the players contribute with some match winning efforts rather than relying on two or three blokes every week.

Do you take a shower everyday?
HAHA yes. of course, doesnt everyone?!?!

How many times a day?
Usually twice, morning and night. but god knows what thats got to do with wcc!!!!

What other sports beside Cricket do you like?
Formula 1, Rugby League and tennis of course head the list. but i think everyone already knew that!

Do you have a girl friend?
No. but im working on that, hopefully there will be some good news on that front in the next few days :)

Whats your age?
19, im 20 in about 2 weeks. OMG im gonna be 20, i feel old.

Describe yourself in less then 5 words
unmotivated, interesting, misunderstood, tired, annoyed.

Tendulkar or Ponting?
Punter for sure, Sachin isnt what he used to be!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i don't really mind. now that I'm back on track I will take turns once a week with Nikhil. I'll catch up with you on MSN... AWOL being the right way to describe it to. Damn AOL.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I have an idea, which might work... ill speak to you both on MSN when i can...

NikhilN

International Regular
Slats4ever said:
i don't really mind. now that I'm back on track I will take turns once a week with Nikhil. I'll catch up with you on MSN... AWOL being the right way to describe it to. Damn AOL.
Ya! Down with AOL!

NikhilN

International Regular
done by slats but he couldnt post it

After finally being released from gaol for just 20 minutes Slats4ever (the interviewer) is about to conduct an interview with Nikhil Nichani. manager from Mumbai we cross live to Dubbo Prison cell 312 where Slats is waiting.

[Slats] U're known as a bit've a town bicycle in the cricketing world Nikhil you've been around for only a short time. Is Mumbai your finally home or will you move again?

[Nikhil]Well to tell you the truth, I have been wanting to be manager of Mumbai since the day I joined WCC.I wanted to manage Mumbai because it is my hometown, and I want to be the won to get it to the top.I was a bit disappointed that I didnt get Mumbai when I first joined WCC...but I knew if I wait, I would get the chance to manage it one day.And now I have I wont let slip

[Slats]No doubt you're aware of the rich history associated with Mumbai, and everyday walking into your office you're probably reminded as you look in the trophy cabinet of efforts in season past. Now however it seems like your sides lacking something. Another division fall in both forms is on the cards. What are you trying to do to turn things aroud nd get things back to those glory days

[Nikhil]Well what the team lacks right now is bowlers.In the 3 of the 4 matches that have taken place already, our bowlers are giving away way to many runs.I think are batting is fine.Owen and Hills are doing a great job and so is the rest of the line up.We just expect more from the captain(Tendulkar)

[Slats]To get a win out've your last match must've been a relief. To come to a new club and to take that long for a win must've had you a bit worried. How much do you think that confidence will do for the club as a whoe

[Nikhil]Well I was really happy that the boys got a win in the last game.Everyone thought we had no chance against NSW and a win against a bowling side like that will really bost our confidence for sure.Now that we have won our first game, there is less pressure on us and now we can perform better in rest of our games

[Slats]Rumours have been circulating that Sachin is unhappy and wants to be released at the end of the year. He is undoubtedly one of the games biggest talent yet he hasnt kicked on at Mumbai in his many seasons there! You have given him the captaincy, was there any "sweetener" behind that decision in hope of getting him to stay at the club"

[Nikhil]Well not really.The reason I gave him captaincy is because he has the most exp. in Cricket then any of our player.It would be sad to see a player like him retire but we cant stop him from doing that, its up to him.But he will not be released from the club.

[Slats]Time and time again he has not performed though it must have you worried. He might have a big name but his lack of performance must worry you. What are you trying to o to rectify the problem

[Nikhil]Right now we are giving him as many practice sessions as we can so he gets into form.But if he doesnt get into form by mid of this season then I will take him off captiancy, then he wont have as much pressure and maybe then he can play better

[Slats]There seems to be more problems than joys at Mumbai right now. Critics are writing your chances off and say that if your form continues for another few seasons you will be in division 5. Can you see yourselves winning this season or what are the aims

[Nikhil]Well I dont see our team getting to division 1 and division 2 in 4d and 1d, but I do think they can stay in the divisions they are right now.But after the season I am really looking foward to the draft.The draft is a really good way to bring life into someones team and I am sure that the draft will do the same for our team

[Slats]Are there any players your targetting more than others to get in your side next year?

[Nikhil]Well I havent looked into who I want to get next season.It is still far away and I will look on that matter at the end of the season

[Slats]Now onto Nikhil as a person. The ladies in India? Different to the ladies in Glamorgan. Have you done much to try to get a lday from Bollywood?

[Nikhil]Well I have been trying to get close to Amrita Rao.No luck so far but shes my lady...here is a pic of her...http://www.rediff.com/netguide/2003/may/27lead.jpg ...she is so hot :)

[Slats]what do you do outside coaching mumbai

[Nikhil]school,play cricket, post on cw,play games,watch tv...meh thats about it

[Slats]in ten years from now where will u be

[Nikhil]Well I am planning to do MCA when I grow up and get a job, save money from that job and start up something of my own after that...so in 10 years I wont be anywhere but 20 years I will be living in a really big house in India

[Slats]thanks for your time it's back to jail for me

[Nikhil]lol, well thats for taking my interview

Cloete

International Captain
bah... bloody NSW spelling of "gaol" noticed Slats spelt it right in teh second last sentence with "jail.

Overall a good interview, definitely worth a read :). Hopefully you stay with Mumbai for quite some time Nikhil!

Slats4ever

they might make a return here and there! i'll slip u guys one next time and work... just remind me

Slats4ever

SLATS: It's a happy night outside the visitors dressing room here in Mumbai as inside Lord is celebrating with his boys after another resounding win... Oh what's this a drunken Lord has stumbled out with and come up to his old mate Slats for a chat.

LORD: Sure can

SLATS: what are your aims for this season? you're slowly becoming established as a top WCC side

LORD: Well , my aims this season would be to carry on building the side i have structured from the past seasons, hopefully making an entry into Div 1 4d this season and getting back into Div season 2. Also reach the top rounds of the new WCC Cup. hampshire have had bad luck in the cup except for the initial seasons of the cup, so we would like to prove our worth there aswell

SLATS: it's interesting you should say that a lot of other teams view the cup simply as a practice game. are your preparations for the cup the samea s other games.

LORD: Yes, Hampshire dont take anything lightly when it comes to cricket on the field. We have strong ethics on field and off field. We take each game seriously as they come by and work very hard may it be pre season games regardless of win or loss. Our preparations for the Cup are certainly a notch ahead of the preparations for the normal OD games. Practises are made more intense for the cup. seeing as our fortunes have been bad in the previous seasons.

SLATS: Do you blame people for your bad fortunes? Your players? Blewy? it has been rumoured your not very happy with the blewett!

LORD: No, misfortunes would have to be the own teams fault for having good composure upto games and then breaking down just because the team lacked focus, and were perhaps a bit too overconfident. Rumors will always be rumors, and i think it is completely false. Blewy and I have a top notch friendly relationship off field and on field. Blewy , rich ( of kent ) have probably been the closest to me in Wcc. Apart from the reason that ive been getting shipment of rank bad rookies there is no reason to not happy with Blewy.

SLATS: Talking about friendships.. They have a big influence on trades.. and talking about trades which this season do you feel has been the most important about ur coming of age as a side?

LORD: Well given my rank bad memory , give me a second to recall....

SLATS:now's probably a good time to give the website a plug. check out all of last seasons trades on http://www.cricketweb.net/worldclubcricket/stats/trades.shtml

LORD: Well i only made 1 trade in the season that was acquiring Y McDowell, i desperately needed a spinner replacement after champion bowler S Macgill retired prematurely. and Y McDowell is a young bowler who has great potential. And the move to get him to hampshire might turn out to be a good one. He has youth and he willing to learn, and with S Warne loving hampshire as a holiday spot, Dowell is very lucky to have him as a personal coach. Certainly the loads on him being our sides prime spinner. And seasons to come he will prove a force in Wcc is my prediction.

SLATS: Who do you see as the key player in your team? who can't afford to get injured

LORD: Well, i have built my team such as everyone person in the XI is a key player. a few not as key as other but the majority being crucial players. So it will be quite wrong to pick out anyone at this point. All our players have their own individual strenghts and weaknessess and qualities.. and all that put together brings out the strong hampshire who have a strong team ethic and friendship everyone sees on field and off field.

SLATS: do you love any of your players? I would sleep with Llewellyn would u sleep with Inzy?

LORD: like i said previously i love all my players but probably Graham , Crawley, Inzi and newbie S Pollard a little more m strictly heterosexual and my girlfriend wouldnt approve of it, so i wouldnt even think those thoughts. Or sleeping with inzi.. you could try , but consequences would be far worse if he was roll onto you. Many team players have complained sleeping in the same room as him , saying he has the worst snore.
that said nzi has been improving on his fitness a lot lately.. e has shown top effort to get into shape and puts a lot of time with the physio and the gym , you would think he is Shoaib Akhtar like in no time..

SLATS: who do u see as your main threat in div 2 four day

LORD: TN without a doubt they are a strong team , and cloete has been a top manager for them to build a class side. he has had his share of good luck to add to that aswell , and i would say in div 2 Hampshire would be 2nd behind TN, not having played them yet, we relish the prospects of a beautiful game of cricket when we do..
Regardless of win or loss, i will still respect cloete for being a top coach/manager and a good friend as the best team would win on the day .

SLATS: funny that cos really he's just a lucky ******* with no skill. no onto lord as a person. who you taking to this years awards night

LORD: my close friend Snoop Doggy Dog and my babe Natasha and ofcourse the award nominees from hampshire would be in the white limo too..

SLATS: ah you're a worry. do you ever play rock music or only ****** stuff

LORD: the only time i listen to rock music is when my friends are bumping their rock cds in their car , or a few times before playing cricket myself but only the hardcore rock stuff to physc me up eg Slipknot, 8 foot sativa, Marilyn Manson , but apart from that you wouldnt catch me without a discman and earphones bumpin rap and hip hop
im too deep into all aspects of it aswell..

SLATS: what would ur last meal be before u die

LORD: My last meal would be a table full of my favourites from each country.. India , NZ , Kuwait, Malaysian, US ( junk food ) China and Africa so im going to die a very contente man

SLATS: and finally you are abvout to die and you have 10 dollars. what would u spend it on.

LORD: probably poison , since im sick of suffering and want to get it over with..
can way move away from death im far from it.. talk about nightlife or friendship in wcc or hampshires matches i cherish

SLATS: who do u love in wcc

LORD: Well most people in Wcc are real good friends with me, I probably am the closest to Blewy , Rich2001 and Nibbs Wcc wise..and then following Cloete, yourself, Guy ( mr ponting ) , Marc, and Liam

SLATS: thank you for ranking me on the second tier it's touching to be friends with a homie like yourself. have u ever met any of the wcc boys in real life

LORD: Nope unfortunately ive met none but talk to all of them quite a lot ive only met 1 person from Cw thats all.

SLATS: you're a loving person but go back and celebrate with my boys

LORD: erhmm? with your boys?

SLATS: yes in other words i don't want to drag this interview on any longer

LORD:lmao okay can i make a one last shotout

SLATS: you are limited to 5 words

LORD: WCC is greatest, thanks everybody. ( grammatical errors due to limit on words )

SLATS: haha yeah right!!! u're sucha lover boy

LORD: i prefer the term pimp