• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Injuries thread

Malcolm

U19 Vice-Captain
Shikhar Dhawan is likely to miss India's next two matches, due to a hairline fracture on his left thumb.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think you're only allowed to do that if a player is ruled out of the whole tourney. But I may be wrong about that.

cnerd123

likes this
Only for one game. M Marsh is not a part of the squad unless Stoinis' injury is worse than that and Australia rule him out for the rest of the tournament.
I thought teams weren't allowed replacements unless a player was ruled out completely?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As my legion of followers on here know, I never wish an injury on anyone, but this is a potentially WC winning side strain for Australia here. MMarsh is just a better LO package than Stoinis in the middle order.

It’s a shame Marcus’ side strain which he incurred while flexing in front of the mirror a couple of days back before going out to make a duck has ruled him out for life, but there we go, we will have to make do.

Burgey

I thought teams weren't allowed replacements unless a player was ruled out completely?
They aren’t. He’s flown over as cover in case he is ruled out.

Which I’m sure they’ll do tomorrow morning first thing. You know, for Stoinis’ long term future and all. Lol.

Borges

International Regular
TOI reports (based on an unnamed source) that Pant has been asked to fly to England as stand by for Dhawan.

smash84

The Tiger King
Dhawan is a big big blow.

As meaningless a stat is centuries in wins might be (:p) but he's the sort of player who comes to my mind that when he scores a century, India are almost guaranteed a win.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Yup Dhawan is a big blow. Just when people were thinking that the number 4 issue is solved we are going to have to reopen the case and also worry about Rahul as an opener. ****!

Burgey

Literally the only thing Stoinis has timed sweetly all WC is his side strain

cnerd123

likes this
> "I would never wish injury on a player"
> Starts thread to track all injuries to players
> Celebrates when a player gets injured

Ok