• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Infraction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not a comment on XenForo, but may as well bin off the infraction system entirely if it has no transparency.

Makes about as much sense as having an election where the total number of votes cast is not revealed.

Don't worry, we got enough votes, you can trust us. No need to worry about the details.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Same point re: gaming the system. If you don't like the fact that the system can be gamed, then bin it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not a comment on XenForo, but may as well bin off the infraction system entirely if it has no transparency.

Makes about as much sense as having an election where the total number of votes cast is not revealed.

Don't worry, we got enough votes, you can trust us. No need to worry about the details.
****blocking and mods being able to make short or long bans is the way to go

Spark

Global Moderator
For what it's worth, I actually have no strong feelings either way and can see the merits of both sides of the argument. However, I think the fact that this is the default for a reason is enough to leave it like this at least for now, and see how it shakes out.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When members are informed of an infraction do they get a current total along side it? If so just use the word crevice in an inappropriate comment about Anabel Croft and hey presto.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I really don't think the mods realise how effective a tool ****blocking would be. Could you imagine how annoyed sledger would get if he was kicked out of a mega thread? He'd no doubt tiptoe the line more carefully than ever in the awesome threads and continue to be sledger in everything else.

It'd be a great day for CW

Flem274*

123/5
infraction points must be for punishing nerds what cheating is for chads. you know you're pushing your luck, you know it's gonna blow up in your face, but the thrill man...

making them unseen will just increase the adrenaline. you'll see, you'll all see.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I really don't think the mods realise how effective a tool ****blocking would be. Could you imagine how annoyed sledger would get if he was kicked out of a mega thread? He'd no doubt tiptoe the line more carefully than ever in the awesome threads and continue to be sledger in everything else.

It'd be a great day for CW
Most mega threads on CW tend to involve cricket. Naturally, I would be devastated not being able to discuss it.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man

I completely agree. I reported a post filled with foul mouthed language nothing...I then got an infraction which I agreed with, fair enough. I then got a second infraction and no reason was given, even though I have now twice contacted the mod. Is this usual on here? All the while, certain posters are going around making racially offensive posts.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I completely agree. I reported a post filled with foul mouthed language nothing...I then got an infraction which I agreed with, fair enough. I then got a second infraction and no reason was given, even though I have now twice contacted the mod. Is this usual on here? All the while, certain posters are going around making racially offensive posts.
How the actual **** could a ****ing post be filed with ****ing foul mouthed ****ing language when:

a. the ****ing post is in writing so the ****ing language can't be ****ing mouthed; and
b. there's a ****ing filter, you stupid ****ing ****.

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe you should read the infraction message saying how to contact the mods, rather than pestering the individual mod who infracted you for a decision that was taken collectively. And maybe you should reflect about the pot calling the kettle black re "making racially offensive posts" given these efforts:

Which prejudice, if honestbharani is not Indian then I'll do 25 backflips :)
The rest of your post is nonsense. bharan is clearly Indian, I am pretty sure I have seen this poster post racially biased nonsense in other forums too. I however, am not what he claimed, just because he claimed I supported a particular. in fact I have never posted anything pro or anti any cricket nation on here.
Given that Dan pretty plainly said to cut out the aspersions about other posters based on their nationality, I genuinely don't know what you expected given that you flat out said honestbharani was posting in favour of Dhoni because he is "racially biased". There's about three different infractions you could have gotten for that comment alone, let alone this comment:

Ok, let us break this down Mr Biryani - "Gilly being the better gloveman over MSD is absurd to the extreme"
I assume you do not know what absurd and extreme means, because if you did, it would be absurd to think Dhoni, who has taken 28 fewer dismissals in 63 more matches is better. Add to that Gilly's 1.68 dismissals per game to Dhoni's 1.29 (with keepers who have more than 200 dismissals, this is 4th worst...ech our own Buttler is better and he isn't even considered a great keeper).

"I mean, if you hate MSD so much, it explains why you are hardly ever around here to post, as there is only so much salt a human body can take. " This part I do not understand, I am supposed to be around more to hate on Dhoni more?

"India-bashing Paks supporter who is also pissed off by his side currently being crap"....this is assuming I am Pakistani or a Pakistani supporter, neither of which is true. In fact, your racial bias is making me mull over the idea of messaging the admins.
You should consider yourself extremely fortunate that you were not outright banned for a week for this post.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What the hell is all this pus

Status
Not open for further replies.