• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Infraction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hello please can a mod let me know how many infraction points I have, and/or if the infraction system even exists any more?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My 8 pointer for lewd references was set to expire next week. How will the software change affect me?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hello please can a mod let me know how many infraction points I have, and/or if the infraction system even exists any more?
You may have missed my post in the announcement thread when I answered your question, but XenForo does not show members their infraction numbers.

Therefore active infractions/points will not be made known to members.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
James, speaking objectively as a well behaved member (:D) isn't part of the reason behind infractions so members know when they're on the brink and rein themselves in accordingly, thus raising the standard of posting?

I get XenForo not showing it but it does seem flawed if members can't have their points tally on request.

James

Cricket Web Owner
James, speaking objectively as a well behaved member (:D) isn't part of the reason behind infractions so members know when they're on the brink and rein themselves in accordingly, thus raising the standard of posting?

I get XenForo not showing it but it does seem flawed if members can't have their points tally on request.
XenForo not showing it is by-design. Their belief which I support and the majority of mods supported based on us using the vBulletin infraction system for many years is that it leads to gaming the system. Members should be focussing on changing behaviour that led to infraction(s), not seeing how close they can come without going over.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You may have missed my post in the announcement thread when I answered your question, but XenForo does not show members their infraction numbers.

Therefore active infractions/points will not be made known to members.
No, I saw your post. I was attempting to highlight the stupidity of an infraction system which does not allow members to know how many infractions they have accrued.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
XenForo not showing it is by-design. Their belief which I support and the majority of mods supported based on us using the vBulletin infraction system for many years is that it leads to gaming the system. Members should be focussing on changing behaviour that led to infraction(s), not seeing how close they can come without going over.
lmao good luck with that

James

Cricket Web Owner
No, I saw your post. I was attempting to highlight the stupidity of an infraction system which does not allow members to know how many infractions they have accrued.
Your opinion, but I think you'll find the majority of the hundred-odd thousand XenForo customers disagree with you where they're not including that feature in their product for the exact reasons I mentioned.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Your opinion, but I think you'll find the majority of the hundred-odd thousand XenForo customers disagree with you where they're not including that feature in their product for the exact reasons I mentioned.
Slight difference though James in that we've had a system in place here for close to a decade. After the first year or so, you'd be hard pressed to say it hasn't worked so in my view going along with other forums isn't really the way to go, given we have our own ways here that seem to be okay.

But hey ho. It is what it is.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Are there seriously posters who keep tabs on their infractions and deliberately keep the total as close as possible to the ban limit without going over? So as soon as some expire there's an opportunity to post a few insults.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah this isn’t a big deal at all

I post 90% rubbish but am never close to a ban

James

Cricket Web Owner
Slight difference though James in that we've had a system in place here for close to a decade. After the first year or so, you'd be hard pressed to say it hasn't worked so in my view going along with other forums isn't really the way to go, given we have our own ways here that seem to be okay.

But hey ho. It is what it is.
Fair point GIMH, I take that on board and can understand your reasoning. This isn't something we're purposely not turning on however. It's simply not a feature of XenForo and something their team don't want to make available for use as they believe it isn't in the interests of their customers in managing online forum communities. The research they've done surrounding this supports the fact that the vBulletin method allows members to game the system.

Are there seriously posters who keep tabs on their infractions and deliberately keep the total as close as possible to the ban limit without going over? So as soon as some expire there's an opportunity to post a few insults.
Yes, there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.