• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's Next Express Bowler-varun Aaron

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a better alternative. How about poaching Hamid Hasan of Afganistan? ATM gets up to 145k, little more tweaking and coaching will get him up to 150k.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't had time to catch highlights of the Hazare Trophy knockouts, but Varun Aaron appears to be VRV Singh minus. Not worth wasting even a thread on Sportnetwork ICF, let alone a place in the Indian team. They're better off trying to boost the pace of Vinay Kumar and Pankaj Singh, both good bowlers with little pace, than picking up rank strangers like this. Jharkhand are a perpetual Plate league team, while the likes of Karnataka and Rajasthan have won or made finals of national tournaments.

If there's any promise in him, send him to the NCA, keep him there eand don't pick him unless Jharkhand wins a tournament. The current Hazare Trophy was a standing joke, with no players of any quality at hand.

smash84

The Tiger King
His achievements against India in India are incredible. People like to say that the ball was swinging as some sort of a reason for not giving Steyn's achievements in India their due, as if the swinging of the ball is an event completely independent to the skill of the bowler extracting said swing.
top notch stuff

So Varun's the next Kumble?
:laugh:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I just saw the highlights, and he bowled quite quickly, but strayed on both sides of the wicket. No scalps out of all ten Gujarat wickets that fell cheaply, and didn't bowl too many overs. That other bowler, Yaju Krishnatry, was better, not so fast, but scalped a lot of wickets, and led the wickets tally at the end of the farcical 2011 Vijay Hazare Trophy. Yaju finished with 17, while Aaron finished with nine. Aaron can also score runs, though, and his late-overs strikes pushed Jharkhand ahead. Both may be prospects (Aaron, at least in ODs) in the next five years, but need to make the East Zone team first.

cnerd123

likes this
I have a better alternative. How about poaching Hamid Hasan of Afganistan? ATM gets up to 145k, little more tweaking and coaching will get him up to 150k.
With our coaches it'll get him down to 130ks.

I forgot Yadav. But in the recent Duleep Trophy he was only bowling 130s.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw him bowl an over of 120kphs in his last over from a spell of 4-5 in the Vijay Hazare trophy

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket_God is the most rancid of deluded trolls. Even more moronic than that previous Indian crazed fanboy Nehrafan and his other logins.

Xuhaib

International Coach
No way that ball was 150+ speed gun error i reckon even Akhtar and Lee in their prime struggled to bowl 150+ when the length was short however more then the pace its his wrist position that excites certainly some potential but lot of rough edges to put your money on.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket_God is the most rancid of deluded trolls. Even more moronic than that previous Indian crazed fanboy Nehrafan and his other logins.
I know this is a bit off topic, but I can never forget that one time when you posted half-naked pictures of yourself in just your boxers on in the "What do you look like" thread, and then some posters dug into you for trying to show off.

Haha, was one of the more hilarious/memorable moments in my time here on CW. And every time you post, I am automatically reminded of that incident :p

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know this is a bit off topic, but I can never forget that one time when you posted half-naked pictures of yourself in just your boxers on in the "What do you look like" thread, and then some posters dug into you for trying to show off.

Haha, was one of the more hilarious/memorable moments in my time here on CW. And every time you post, I am automatically reminded of that incident :p
so your most memorable moment is last 5 years has been watching TT half naked?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
so your most memorable moment is last 5 years has been watching TT half naked?
Not the most, but one of the more. :p

And no not watching him naked, but the events that followed. (By that I mean the posting, for any of you smart asses that suggest something else) :ph34r:

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

:laugh: Good times.

Mike5181

International Captain
Half of the reason India hasn't been able to produce legit fast bowlers is their physiques to be honest. When you see a guy like Shaun Tait or Brett Lee up close they are rather muscular big guys. Now compare that with the faster bowlers in India and there is an obvious disadvantage. Maybe its just genetics but none of the Indian bowlers look particularly muscular or even strong for that matter and with pitches that don't aid fast bowlers how can people be surprised that it takes longer to find a legit bowler coming through the ranks? Look at Steyn. The guy has veins popping out of his arms :blink:. (Ahktar, Lee, Steyn, Tait, Nannes, Johnson). Maybe some gym time would aid them.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Half of the reason India hasn't been able to produce legit fast bowlers is their physiques to be honest. When you see a guy like Shaun Tait or Brett Lee up close they are rather muscular big guys. Now compare that with the faster bowlers in India and there is an obvious disadvantage. Maybe its just genetics but none of the Indian bowlers look particularly muscular or even strong for that matter and with pitches that don't aid fast bowlers how can people be surprised that it takes longer to find a legit bowler coming through the ranks? Look at Steyn. The guy has veins popping out of his arms :blink:. (Ahktar, Lee, Steyn, Tait, Nannes, Johnson). Maybe some gym time would aid them.
Diet mostly imo.

atanu

Cricket Spectator
I just saw the highlights, and he bowled quite quickly, but strayed on both sides of the wicket. No scalps out of all ten Gujarat wickets that fell cheaply, and didn't bowl too many overs. That other bowler, Yaju Krishnatry, was better, not so fast, but scalped a lot of wickets, and led the wickets tally at the end of the farcical 2011 Vijay Hazare Trophy. Yaju finished with 17, while Aaron finished with nine. Aaron can also score runs, though, and his late-overs strikes pushed Jharkhand ahead. Both may be prospects (Aaron, at least in ODs) in the next five years, but need to make the East Zone team first.
i think you are right.........................................