• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League 2014

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Ab is such a freak. You really do have to wonder why he doesn't bat higher up, good on RCB to send him ahead of Yuvraj.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Two fruit salad XIs battling it out, with neither side playing exceptionally well. Good for AB- he should be opening the innings from the next game on. Can't say I like either team, although it's good to have Varun Aaron among the top five wicket takers.
Love it :laugh:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
CSK are such a model of consistency. For all the talk about CSK not caring about finishing games quickly and KXIP bossing it from the go, CSK have still managed to pip KXIP to the top of the table on the basis of NRR.

GGG

State Captain
CSK are such a model of consistency. For all the talk about CSK not caring about finishing games quickly and KXIP bossing it from the go, CSK have still managed to pip KXIP to the top of the table on the basis of NRR.
Can't see KXIP going to far to be honest, rely too much on 1-2 players. Whereas Chennai have 4-5 batsman that can score big at a decent clip.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't see KXIP going to far to be honest, rely too much on 1-2 players. Whereas Chennai have 4-5 batsman that can score big at a decent clip.
Actually both teams are evenly balanced, in strengths and weaknesses. KXIP rely excessively on Max-Mill-Bay, and them getting dismissed cheaply will dent their chance of a win, but good for them, they're getting support from Sandeep, Rishi and especially Balaji. Likewise, Chennai would not want to lose both Dwayne and Baz cheaply- Raina is still not in it completely, and lower order is not tested, so too much falls on Dhoni- but they too have their Indian bowlers doing their bit for them. Chennai's overseas bowler is definitely doing a lot better than his KXIP counterpart. Both teams have a sense of togetherness, unlike the fruit salads and Rest Of Worlds, and can make it to the semis.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As a fan of the Indian Domestic scene (not just the Indian team), I don't wish to watch any feed of the IPL from Dubai. Actually, I don't wish to watch the IPL at all. It has crushed the Indian domestic scene, by pushing India's domestic players, top performers included, to the fringes, and out of contention. On the other hand, they scout zealously for overseas players, even folks who have never played an international game before. That amount of scouting was never done in domestic games.

They'll also fight tooth and nail against T20 teams of other countries to hold on to their overseas players for CLT20. That's because they're weak without them- but what stopped them from breeding their own player pool? That's what those teams from abroad did all these years- but the IPL is merely grabbing them with big moneybags. How cheap!

Now, it's in Dubai, when it could simply have had a change in format, or date, and that would benefit Indian audiences a lot more. The last time the IPL was shifted abroad, to South Africa, they played only to TV audiences in India. Revenue loss for advertisers was so high, that stupid ten-minute break was introduced- so anti-viewer that was! That the ridiculous injunction has been lifted is good news, so I won't watch any video feed. Watch it on Cricinfo/Yahoo or not, I won't support the IPL any longer. Franchises can snatch and hoard overseas players as much as they want.
Well this didn't last long..

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Jeez, Danny Morrison. He seems to go for an extra helping of idiot for the IPL.

Doctor Watson, aye. Clever man, that Danny.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
That's a bull**** piece of cricket from Russell.

Pretending to pull out, and then bowling it anyway. No fair play points for KKR.

Daemon

:lol: Russell WAFC

For the people not watching - Russell ran in, seemed to slow down and pull up right before he reached his delivery stride. At this point Watson is thinking he's not going to bowl it but nek minnit, Russell has let the ball fly and so has Watson. Ump says it's legal, Watson mad.

Spark

Global Moderator
Umpire didn't say it's legal. Umpire said he couldn't see what happened because Russell was behind him.

Daemon

****ing hell that's a good catch. Would've taken it standing if on the ropes but still..

Spark

Global Moderator
KKR doing a fine, fine job of ****ing this one up, then.

update: :laugh: this is just silly

update 2: :laugh:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: