• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian fans bad news and justified pessisim thread #FatRahiHai

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
It also means Ashwin won't play..

And Siraj won't be dropped either regardless of how he performs against better teams.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Without Hardik, 3 spinners will not work, unless we play Washy or someone who can bat top 6/7.

I would have tried to bring in Chahar as he has been playing well in the VHT and is probably 50 overs cricket match-fit. Chahar for Siraj and maybe SKY bowls a few offies as the 6th bowler.

I still think we should play Prasidh over Siraj for one game before the semis.

EDIT - Massive blow for us though. No chance now. :(

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
if Hardik was fit-

Pandya
Jadeja
Axar
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah

Axar at 7/8 would have been so handy with his hitting ability.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I mean Ash at 8 is not bad either. I think we should play Krishna over Siraj for tomorrow, and then bring in Siraj for Bumrah for the Holland game and also play Ash over Kuldeep against Holland or maybe even RSA.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli looks a candidate for spooning a slower one to cover. Pushes out too far and is all hands when it’s further from him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Have no hope with 4 #11s AND carrying Jaddu, Rahul, Shreyas and Virat who can all be pretty strokeless against good bowling. Rahul coz of his mindset, other 3 coz of their technical failings.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
cant play square off the wicket on the leg side against spinners, cant play fast bowlers square off the wicket on the offside. Very easily tied down by good bowling if fielders are tight on the single in the circle.
Then the bowling must have been extremely crap in this WC bcoz Virat couldn't stop scoring runs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Then the bowling must have been extremely crap in this WC bcoz Virat couldn't stop scoring runs.
I mean he has batted to his ceiling but in his younger days he had far more shots in his armoury. He has got great game awareness and experience now (like Sachin post 2007) and honestly, the make up of our current side helps him out a lot to be the anchor #3 but come a chase of 400 and he will be pretty much useless.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
I mean he has batted to his ceiling but in his younger days he had far more shots in his armoury. He has got great game awareness and experience now (like Sachin post 2007) and honestly, the make up of our current side helps him out a lot to be the anchor #3 but come a chase of 400 and he will be pretty much useless.
Yeah he is past his prime but to say he is strokeless infront of good bowling is plain wrong.