• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Diaspora XI

Dissector

International Debutant
The OP may have tried to cast a wide net but the title doesnt. Diaspora is a relatively specific term and Jardine, Cowdrey or Jackman couldnt be described as part of the Indian diaspora. Especially since they are born there. Diaspora is for people away from their ancestoral origins. Therefore Panesar fits perfectly, Jardine, for example, in part of the Anglo diaspora.
Yup, I pretty much agree.

Incidentally I have never heard of Jardine being considered for first Indian captain. How would that have worked since he was already England captain before India played its first test? Although the possibility of Jardine using Bodyline with Amar Singh and Mohammed Nissar is intriguing TSTL.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
The OP may have tried to cast a wide net but the title doesnt. Diaspora is a relatively specific term and Jardine, Cowdrey or Jackman couldnt be described as part of the Indian diaspora. Especially since they are born there. Diaspora is for people away from their ancestoral origins. Therefore Panesar fits perfectly, Jardine, for example, in part of the Anglo diaspora.
I must admit, I didn't have in mind such nuances of the word "diaspora" when I used it. I thought I'd made it clear enough in the OP that a broad definition of Indian would suffice. But hey, people can make of it what they will.

Himannv

International Coach
I think the OP is fairly clear on this one tbh. Lets not get into details of who qualifies and who doesn't. Isn't it an exercise in fun anyway?