• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
doesn’t TN have really slow batsmen like the Baba twins though? idk why a 22 yo is captain ahead of so many other experienced players too

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
doesn’t TN have really slow batsmen like the Baba twins though? idk why a 22 yo is captain ahead of so many other experienced players too
Indrajit is not a slow batsman. In fact, in that top 6, I think only Aparajit qualifies as a traditional defensive batsman but even he usually goes at 40-50 SR. I really struggle to think of a reason other than they wanna ensure Saurashtra dont get any bonus/win points for some reason.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Make it 55 and Gill becomes the only one.

Think both Jason Roy and Fakhar Zaman had similar starts and then it came down.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Oh Hardik ??‍♂
"See, to be honest, I've always enjoyed hitting sixes, but I have to evolve and that is life," Hardik said after leading India to a 2-1 series victory over New Zealand in Ahmedabad. "I have to take the other part where I've always believed in partnerships. I want to give my team and the other person more calmness and the assurance that at least I'm there. I've played more games than any of those guys out there. So, I've known the experience and more than the experience part, it's where I've batted, and I've learnt how to accept pressure and I've learnt how to kind of swallow the pressure and kind of make sure the team and everything is calm.

"In that way, maybe I have to get my strike rate down or... Taking new opportunities or taking new roles is [something] I've always looked forward to. I don't mind coming in and playing the role which somewhere down the line Maahi [Dhoni] used to play. I think at that time, I was young, and I was hitting all around the park, but now since he has gone, all of a sudden that responsibility... It has just naturally come to me, and I don't mind [doing it]. We're getting the result we want and it's okay."

Socerer 01

the story of every Indian batsman, be flashy and exciting when they are picked and then slowly turn into anchors over time. may SKY be resistant to this for as long as possible

is this because of some fundamental flaw in our coaching system or because of the pressure from fanbase that latches onto every single mistake you make?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
the story of every Indian batsman, be flashy and exciting when they are picked and then slowly turn into anchors over time. may SKY be resistant to this for as long as possible

is this because of some fundamental flaw in our coaching system or because of the pressure from fanbase that latches onto every single mistake you make?
I think they fear losing too much which could be due to pressure from fanbase. That was the reason why Dhoni's approach became so terrible towards the end. It's like trying to delay taking risk in the hope that something good will happen longer we wait in the game. This is in sharp contrast to England's approach where they clearly go with the mindset that they don't mind losing

Socerer 01

I think they fear losing too much which could be due to pressure from fanbase. That was the reason why Dhoni's approach became so terrible towards the end. It's like trying to delay taking risk in the hope that something good will happen longer we wait in the game. This is in sharp contrast to England's approach where they clearly go with the mindset that they don't mind losing
we won’t be having cricketers with flair like Buttler, de Villiers or even Bairstow at international level for odis and t20s as long as this pressure exists. it seems a miracle that SKY has so far been resistant to this despite failing in odis