• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
So Shami, Siraj, and Umesh for the WTC? Not terribly confidence-inspiring but they can be good on their day so we'll see. No place for Shardul you'd think considering it's the pancake at The Oval, even if it's June. Should be playing both Ashwin and Jadeja regardless.
I'de take shardul over siraj honestly. Shardul has 27 wickets @24 since siraj's debut while siraj has 40 odd @31, and shardul is a better batsmen. Both are gonna have a similiar role of taking the new rock with shami, so no role definiton issues there either.

Chrish

International Debutant
With Pant and Bumrah out, what is the test team you would like to see? One for home and one for overseas ?

Socerer 01

International Captain
I'de take shardul over siraj honestly. Shardul has 27 wickets @24 since siraj's debut while siraj has 40 odd @31, and shardul is a better batsmen. Both are gonna have a similiar role of taking the new rock with shami, so no role definiton issues there either.
Shardul stats are skewed and not a true reflection of his abilities. Siraj is a much better bowler imo

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Pant not playing in the world cup guys, who our keeper.
Yeah world cup in October is too soon. Want him in for the home series vs England in February. Because that is one series that India is in danger of losing particularly without him.

However I wonder if he will be able to keep in Tests after the ligament tear/s in his knee? He is good enough to play as a batsman but being a keeper batsman really helps, also because he probably feels more liberated while batting.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
KL is our ODI keeper now. That is not gonna change. I am hoping for the Aussie games, we try something like this -

Gill
Rohit
Virat
Rahul (wk)
Jaddu
Hardik
Washy
Lord
Unadkat
Kuldeep
Siraj / Shami

But realistically, they will go with -

Gill
Rohit
Virat
SKY
Rahul (wk)
Hardik
Jaddu
Lord/Unadkat
Kuldeep
Shami
Siraj

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I would play Shami, Umesh and Ishant as frontline pacers in Bumrah's absence in WTC final. Don't know why they gave up on Ishant all of a sudden after barely 1-2 ordinary games.