• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Niall

International Coach
I don't think anything will ever change in our team set-up. It is going to be the same current 15 which is going to tour as well. I just wish Sarfaraz gets added to the squad.

Yeah, West Indies are poor so even an Indian side with passengers will win that series.

I think you will see a changing of the guard next year when England will probably win that test series.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
It's worrying we are nowhere close to grooming the next Test captain. Now that KL's out of the picture, for good I hope, and Pant too for the foreseaable future, who's next in line once Rohit's body cries uncle again? I guess Ashwin will cover for the next year or so, but what's the longterm succession plan? You're loath to kick out non-performing seniors, you don't give youngsters adequate exposure to see how they react on the big stage, and now you have a real leadership vacuum.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It's worrying we are nowhere close to grooming the next Test captain. Now that KL's out of the picture, for good I hope, and Pant too for the foreseaable future, who's next in line once Rohit's body cries uncle again? I guess Ashwin will cover for the next year or so, but what's the longterm succession plan? You're loath to kick out non-performing seniors, you don't give youngsters adequate exposure to see how they react on the big stage, and now you have a real leadership vacuum.
You know the answer.

Niall

International Coach

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, get the feeling he's cooked. Gotta plan for life without him long term
Can very quickly regress to bad old days of pace bowling wheel of mediocrity. While Shami, Umesh, Ishant all did well in past few years, it's only Bumrah who has been world class from his start to now and in all conditions. Proper leader of attack. Will be massive blow to lose him.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
So Shami, Siraj, and Umesh for the WTC? Not terribly confidence-inspiring but they can be good on their day so we'll see. No place for Shardul you'd think considering it's the pancake at The Oval, even if it's June. Should be playing both Ashwin and Jadeja regardless.