• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Gill is such a bloody waste of talent.
I have revised my original estimation. His mediocre technique is too much of a handicap. Looks elegant when on song but is only ever a technical snafu away from getting out. Not someone you'd ever be comfortable with for long periods.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I have revised my original estimation. His mediocre technique is too much of a handicap. Looks elegant when on song but is only ever a technical snafu away from getting out. Not someone you'd ever be comfortable with for long periods.
Gill is still 23 and with the amount of cricket these guys are playing, he should stick to ODIs and test cricket coz he looks solid in those formats. I am OK with him so far in T20s as well because at least he's trying to follow an aggressive template instead of batting selfishly like KeLa. It's way too early to write him off as a T20 opener but there's no need to for him to adapt and make big changes to his game for the format if it doesn't come naturally to him.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Avesh has always been a good fc bowler, just like Siraj. got his debut in the wrong format too early as usual
It was just one game, but I saw Avesh bowl in the warm up game before the final test of the england series and it was hot stinking poo. Could barely keep it on the strip.

Socerer 01

International Captain
It was just one game, but I saw Avesh bowl in the warm up game before the final test of the england series and it was hot stinking poo. Could barely keep it on the strip.
he crumbles under pressure clearly. was trash in the ipl during his first matches too until he learnt to handle it

Shri

Mr. Glass
ODIs should go back to using one ball for 50 overs otherwise it just becomes a lengthy t20 and ****ing boring

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Does anyone know why Eden Gardens gets so few marquee Tests in recent years? It's still the most identifiable ground in the country along with Dharamsala but I'm only seeing some 6 Tests per decade since 2000. I guess that isn't so bad considering politics and all the other locations that have mushroomed up across the country but still feels a little off.

Edit: Turns out 6/decade is one more than the historical trend so wtf do I know.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Actually, BCCI has forever had this rotation system to allocate games, so they have it as bad or as good as anyone else. I really dont think its a marquee ground right now either.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Hasn't Saha fell out with the BCCI?

On reflection Bharat may not be the worst pick, very tidy with the gloves and more than capable against spin.

I suppose they will line up with this for the 1st test. Hopefully Rohit and Jadeja show up.

Rohit
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Iyer
Bharat
Jadeja
Ashwin
Axar
Siraj
Bumrah
Where is Kuldy? Jadeja not fit.i would like Rahul to keep wicket & Rohit open innings with Priyank Panchal. Too early for Bharat.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Where is Kuldy? Jadeja not fit.i would like Rahul to keep wicket & Rohit open innings with Priyank Panchal. Too early for Bharat.
Rahul keeping wickets in tests is a disaster. Bharat and Kishan are capable replacements for Pant.

Jadeja is fit now. They are just looking to get him match fit.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Rahul will be injured by day 3 if he is the keeper. would also miss multiple stumpings and catches before that. can totally see Dravid galaxybraining this and making Rahul keeper to justify his place in the team

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rahul will be injured by day 3 if he is the keeper. would also miss multiple stumpings and catches before that. can totally see Dravid galaxybraining this and making Rahul keeper to justify his place in the team
So all the more reason for us to do it, right? Maybe make him keep in the nets and hope he is injured there itself? :p