• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arachnodouche

International Captain
He is gonna have trouble with his technique but there is something about the kid. Think he can find a way to make runs everywhere and in every format as long as he can toe the line between confidence and arrogance.
He probably only gets two Tests at most to make an impression. That is, if Rahane fails to make a score in the first game. Pujara has bought himself time for two more Tests you'd imagine.

sunilz

International Regular
Really? I always felt it was some ex of Virat before he started getting serious with Anushka.
Maybe if he hadn't married a Bollywood woman he would have realised that Bollywood bot army is no substitute for onfield success. Cricket is not Bollywood. In cricket matches you don't score 6 on last ball. Most probably you get out .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Maybe if he hadn't married a Bollywood woman he would have realised that Bollywood bot army is no substitute for onfield success. Cricket is not Bollywood. In cricket matches you don't score 6 on last ball. Most probably you get out .
Now I am sure.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Every time I open Cricinfo to see Rishi Dhawan's performance in the previous 5-10 matches, it's always outstanding. Single-handedly wins games for HP. I know he bowls gentle medium pace and is no Pandya with the bat, but it's a little unfair that he doesn't get a look in for tests. He'll get absolutely smoked in T20s coz of his lack of pace, but I really see him doing well in tests in SENA as an all-rounder. If nothing, he can be a backup for Lord Thakur and offer similar performances with the bat and ball.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might as well keep the captaincy soap opera here because its going to have ramifications well beyond the SA tour.

I enjoyed this article unironically at points, but this line here is the most meme thing to come out of this drama thus far. Absolute state of things that mukul kesavan is actually one of the more prominent indian cricket journos

Unluckily for Ganguly, this is not that world. Kohli has his defects, but he is twice the captain Ganguly ever was and at least three times the batsman. He is fitter and richer than Ganguly. He has more tattoos and a better haircut.
Ganguly to bring out the receipts to show he's actually richer than Kohli next press conference pls.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What's with international posters being worried about their spin bowling options cos "India are great players of spin"?
Most of india's current good players of spin are either going to miss the tour or unlikely to make the first xi, right? Agarwal and iyer arent certain starters and rohit is injured.

Xix2565

International Debutant
What's with international posters being worried about their spin bowling options cos "India are great players of spin"?
I mean you saw what can happen vs Lyon, Bess, Leach, Moeen already. It's not like they were running through us like a hot knife through butter.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Most of india's current good players of spin are either going to miss the tour or unlikely to make the first xi, right? Agarwal and iyer arent certain starters and rohit is injured.
Agarwal is our starting opener, and KL isn't exactly a bunny to spin. Their main problems will be the pacers, and Vihari in the middle order had a decent outing in SA anyway for the A side.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Agarwal is our starting opener, and KL isn't exactly a bunny to spin. Their main problems will be the pacers, and Vihari in the middle order had a decent outing in SA anyway for the A side.
Kl and rohit would be the first choice starters, no? Agarwal deserves to open with rohit out and I didn't notice that, my b, but feel the selectors will go with gill and rahul over rahul and agarwal. Viharu is definitely a good player of spin.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Kl and rohit would be the first choice starters, no? Agarwal deserves to open with rohit out and I didn't notice that, my b, but feel the selectors will go with gill and rahul over rahul and agarwal. Viharu is definitely a good player of spin.
Gill is injured along with Jadeja, Axar and Rohit. He's not in the squad, our bats are:

Openers: KL, Mayank, Priyank Panchal

Middle order: Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Iyer, Vihari, Pant, Saha (putting keepers here as well)

We're most likely going KL and Mayank unless things go horribly wrong.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Gill is injured along with Jadeja, Axar and Rohit. He's not in the squad, our bats are:

Openers: KL, Mayank, Priyank Panchal

Middle order: Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Iyer, Vihari, Pant, Saha (putting keepers here as well)

We're most likely going KL and Mayank unless things go horribly wrong.
crap didn't realise the injuries where that bad, agarwal and rahul it is.