• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India cancel Bangaldesh series

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
koch_cha said:
Natwest serie only three matches that will be a total of say 10 days commitment

but a tour of 2 test matches and 3 odis will take atleat 25 days
Yes and then you add on the Holland series as well.

It is not the way to encourage the grrowth of Cricket - we dont want to play you because we're too tired.

Oh what's that? £££ for a One Day series - who said anything about being tired?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
koch_cha said:
its a tri series and BCCI PCB and ACB are at foul.
How can you blame the other 2 sides?

They've done nothing wrong in agreeing to play since they've not already agreed to another tour whch they're going to back out of!

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:

They've done nothing wrong in agreeing to play since they've not already agreed to another tour whch they're going to back out of!
Well according to this whole spirit of cricket/committments rubbish being thrown around here to attack India's decision to postpone the Bangladesh tour, shouldn't Cricket Australia and the Pakistan Cricket board, knowing that India have a tour of Bangladesh, not invited them to play in a tournament? Surely they would have known a tour was on and not banked on a cancellation, which they surely must have hoped for once they extended the BCCI an invitation. And from what the reports say, the ODI tournament was settled before the tour was cancelled, so you cant argue that CA and PCB knew the tour was off first.

Swervy

International Captain
Lions81 said:
Well according to this whole spirit of cricket/committments rubbish being thrown around here to attack India's decision to postpone the Bangladesh tour, shouldn't Cricket Australia and the Pakistan Cricket board, knowing that India have a tour of Bangladesh, not invited them to play in a tournament? Surely they would have known a tour was on and not banked on a cancellation, which they surely must have hoped for once they extended the BCCI an invitation. And from what the reports say, the ODI tournament was settled before the tour was cancelled, so you cant argue that CA and PCB knew the tour was off first.
yeah...its all Australia's fault, of course it is

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Lions81 said:
You are assuming that PCB and CA invited India, it is very much possible that Mr. Dalmiya in his eagerness to earn more money could have done that. If I am not wrong it was a joint decision of PCB & BCCI. I am not a big fan of Australia but I dont think CA ever organises such tournaments in other countries. It is India and Pakistan who are involved in such tours and they play a vital role in inviting other countries to play in such series. Tournaments at Toronto, Sharjah, Singapore, Morocco etc were promoted by these two teams.

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:

Here all want to BLAME india only

pakistan and australia could easly have turned down the offer to play in holland since india is cancelling the tour of bangladesh.

they didn't and the only reason is that they will get for too many money from this one series than any other tri serie that they can think of.so they also only care about the money

and for the sake of saying it how many matches have all other teams played aganist bangladesh and zimbabwe(may be pakistan have plyed more).india is the only country to host bangladesh and kenya for a tri series so far.

so idont think the bangladeshis will be that angry aganist us even though there is reason for them to feel bad

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
they could send a side to bangladesh...

gautam gambhir
robin uttapa
shikhar dhawan
suresh raina
dinesh karthik(wk)
rohan gavaskar(c)
ambati rayudu
gaurav dhiman
munaf patel
abhishek sharma
ashish nehra

and that may be bangladesh's first test win!

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Ermm, well since there's no other thread to do this in...

December 2004:
Australia host Pakistan

January 2005:
Australia host West Indies
Australia host Pakistan

Is that true? Two back to back Aus vs Pak test series?! And a WI one in between?! [All within two months?].....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
koch_cha said:
Well yeah - India is the one who is cancelling the BD tour.

pakistan and australia could easly have turned down the offer to play in holland since india is cancelling the tour of bangladesh.
Why would they, They are free, so they are within their rights to accept a tour, India is not free. You basically want Pak & Aus to do the job for you, Dont you ??

so idont think the bangladeshis will be that angry aganist us even though there is reason for them to feel bad
Try visiting a Bangladeshi forum or a Bangla fan. ;)

brockley

International Captain
India is railing against the system they have said before the 10 year plan is not enough time to fit in all tours.
Australia has not cancelled test tours except for zimbabwe 2 years ago when there was rioting and great violence round the time of the elections,their reason was credible.
If other countries are not doing this why should india be allowed.
You look at the program of most countries its 10 months of the year thats the itinnerry set,and all should stick to that unless the icc decides to cut it back for all.
I notice for example srilanka has played 60% of the series' at home and 40% abroad,it does not give a good balance.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I can see the Indian justifications behind it, however I feel that they're more than a little bit paper-thin, given the amount of ODI rubbish that they'll be playing between now and the Australia tour.

However, it also gives England carte blanche to avoid the Zimbabwe tour scot-free by making up a similarly poor excuse, such as "we want to be fully fit for South Africa after a taxing Test summer against NZ and WI, the NatWest ODIs and Champions Trophy".

There's a big consistency question coming up, fast.

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
a win against pak/aus means a lot more to the indians than a win against bang.

and if it is abt the "too much cricket" thing, then they wud rather play agnst aus and pak.

if they said they would not play the tri-series, it would create chaos...of another kind...

it's not always money...

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Neil Pickup said:
However, it also gives England carte blanche to avoid the Zimbabwe tour scot-free by making up a similarly poor excuse, such as "we want to be fully fit for South Africa after a taxing Test summer against NZ and WI, the NatWest ODIs and Champions Trophy".

Nope, it's too late for the ECB to use our excuse. They've already made up an excuse of their own, which was clearly far worse than our's judging from the reactions to them, and they can't just steal our's now. Maybe they can use it for the next time they want to back out of a tour I suppse...

V Reddy

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
That would have been a valid reason but ECB committed a mistake by inviting ZCU to England and promising to them to reciprocate. Also why is only ECB threatened by ICC and not BCCI when it doesn't tour Pak? India's is a reason which can't be questioned and agree with it. ECB's reasons though not of the same magnitude but are still valid reasons and still are always threatened by ICC.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vishnureddy said:
That would have been a valid reason but ECB committed a mistake by inviting ZCU to England and promising to them to reciprocate. Also why is only ECB threatened by ICC and not BCCI when it doesn't tour Pak? India's is a reason which can't be questioned and agree with it. ECB's reasons though not of the same magnitude but are still valid reasons and still are always threatened by ICC.
I disagree (bet you saw that coming).

I believe that no-one should be touring Zimbabwe, that England were right not to travel there in WC2003, and that they were wrong to invite Zimbabwe to England. I look at the ZCU and I see South Africa 1970 - only the colours have been reversed.

I was against racism then, I am against racism now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
koch_cha said:

they didn't and the only reason is that they will get for too many money from this one series than any other tri serie that they can think of.so they also only care about the money

But Pakistan and Australia aren't cancelling any other commitments.

India are, claiming tiredness, but they still agreed to this tri-series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tony Blade said:
Ermm, well since there's no other thread to do this in...

December 2004:
Australia host Pakistan

January 2005:
Australia host West Indies
Australia host Pakistan

Is that true? Two back to back Aus vs Pak test series?! And a WI one in between?! [All within two months?].....
No, it's a series over December and January I think, with WI afterwards.

V Reddy

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
I disagree (bet you saw that coming).

I believe that no-one should be touring Zimbabwe, that England were right not to travel there in WC2003, and that they were wrong to invite Zimbabwe to England. I look at the ZCU and I see South Africa 1970 - only the colours have been reversed.

I was against racism then, I am against racism now.

I agree with you