• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Immigrant XI

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Adam and Ben Hollioake (Australia to England)
Dav Whatmore (Sri Lanka to Australia)

Oh I think I just hit the bottom of the barrel.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Asif Iqbal. He was born in India, learnt his cricket in India, played domestic cricket (Ranji trophy etc) in India before moving to Pakistan in early 1960s.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Robin Singh. He was born and brought up in West Indies, He moved to India at the age of 16-17 and later played for India and I must say did great in the limited opportunites he got.

Nasser Hussain - He was born in Chennai, India. His parents moved to England when he was 5. Rumor mill has it that he once tried to play cricket in Madras but returned soon.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is the England non-native born XI I posted in another thread:

1) Andrew Strauss (South Africa)
2) Colin Cowdrey (India)
3) Ted Dexter (Italy)
4) Robin Smith (South Africa)
5) Douglas Jardine* (India)
6) Tony Greig (South Africa)
7) Geraint Jones+ (Papua New Guinea)
8) Gubby Allen (Australia)
9) Phil Edmonds (Zambia)
10) Andy Caddick (New Zealand)
11) Simon Jones (Wales)

Pretty tidy I'd say. If Wales isn't counted as foreign Jonah could be replaced by De Freitas/Malcolm/Lewis as personal perference dictates.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
BoyBrumby said:
This is the England non-native born XI I posted in another thread:

1) Andrew Strauss (South Africa)
2) Colin Cowdrey (India)
3) Ted Dexter (Italy)
4) Robin Smith (South Africa)
5) Douglas Jardine* (India)
6) Tony Greig (South Africa)
7) Geraint Jones+ (Papua New Guinea)
8) Gubby Allen (Australia)
9) Phil Edmonds (Zambia)
10) Andy Caddick (New Zealand)
11) Simon Jones (Wales)

Pretty tidy I'd say. If Wales isn't counted as foreign Jonah could be replaced by De Freitas/Malcolm/Lewis as personal perference dictates.
Wales doesnt count as a country so stick DeFreitas in there

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Potential players I would pick in batting order -

Billy Murdoch (Australia -played for both England and Australia -in fact captained Australia)
Bill Midwinter (England to Australia)
JT Hearne (England played for England and SA)
Kumar Shri Duleepsinghi (India to England)
Bob Woolmer (Born in India played for England)
Allan Lamb (SA to England)
Basil D'Olivera (SA to England)
Clarrie Grimmett (NZ to Australia)
Gubby Allen (Sir GOB Allen) (Australia to England)
Norman Cowans (Jamaica to England)
Devon Malcolm (Jamaica to England)
JJ Ferris (Australia played for both England and Australia -and arguably one of the most devastating Fast bowlers of the 19th Century along with Charlie Turner /Spofforth etc.)

Since it has 12 names - I would make Norman Cowans 12th man or a toss up between Woolmer and JT Hearne .

Craig

World Traveller
Whilst he wouldn't be good enough or maybe he is - Andy Flower - born in Langeveldt's favourite city of Cape Town (:p).

Athanasios John Traicos was born in Zagazig (Eygpt) to Greek parents, but played for South Africa and Zimbabwe. Kepler Wessels was born in SA and then he went to Australia before going back to South Africa.

And Brendon Juilen was born in Hamilton, New Zealand and played Test cricket for Australia. Where they desperate?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Caddick, deFreitas, Malcolm. Did England have any native bowlers besides Goughy during the 90s? :) Though its probably a cyclical thing given their current fast bowling stocks...

Team:?
Andrew Strauss
The Nawab
Ted Dexter
Kepler Wessels
Kevin Pieterson
Andy Flower
Tony Greig
Gubby Allen
Clarrie Grimmett
Andy Caddick
Devon Malcolm