• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ignore function

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't get why you'd want to put someone on ignore. It's a lot more fun to put up with their dross, wait for a particularly bad example and then just go to town on them. I haven't got anyone on ignore tbh. It's much better to wait til cnerd, HB or even some other imbo posts then just let rip at them.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't get why you'd want to put someone on ignore. It's a lot more fun to put up with their dross, wait for a particularly bad example and then just go to town on them. I haven't got anyone on ignore tbh. It's much better to wait til cnerd, HB or even some other imbo posts then just let rip at them.
Since you asked...

Shady Slim

International Coach
cc @GotSpin

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Jayjay is kind of saying he wants to be a mod of his own threads which I don't think is a good idea. But mods should be able to ban people from threads
Nope, I've specifically asked the mods to do it, not myself. The ignore button is just redundant otherwise.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can we make a list of clowns...I think we know who these posters are. I'd happily put a few of them to sleep myself :devil2:
Fee free to explore my “Also rans” thread here in site discussion and make your nominations

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
I'll just be honest, the forum is pretty **** with a bunch of Indian trolls on here derailing threads. I've pretyt much destroyed most of them on cricketing discussions but when trying to run a thread on rankings, you don't need KOhli winning a vote when he's averaged less than line and length does in his whole career :laugh:

Qiute sad as I used to read this forum a few years back and it used to have knowledgeable posters. now I see those guys on here once a couple months at most.

Seems like Modi's army is everywhere on the internet when it comes to cricket

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Next time someone asks for the power to ban people they disagree with, we should probably just skip the next few days and ban them at that point.
Easy there kiwi, you sound like Ardern when she went on a wild one banning people for covid.

I'm simply stating, the function would have a greater impact if it actually ignored someone, rather than just making their posts invisible and allowing said poster to carry on posting in the thread, where the TS has actually ignored them :laugh:

Forums like boxingscene run it far better. It actually used to lead to great discussions about the sport...sadly that forum too has gone down the loo but this time not due to modi army.

Anyway, I've said my piece on this, up to the mods.