• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ignore function

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Yo mods or whoever is actually running this site...if anyone...the ignore function is a bit rubbish. Those fools can still post on a thread even if they are ignored by the thread starter. What's the point of it? It just becomes a hide function.

Sort this out old men!

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
You don't get to just stop people you don't like from posting in certain threads?!
But if I have ignored someone, why should they be allowed to post in MY thread. They can post anywhere else they like :laugh:

You might want to check other forums to see how they work.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
But if I have ignored someone, why should they be allowed to post in MY thread. They can post anywhere else they like :laugh:

You might want to check other forums to see how they work.
It’s not your thread. That’s not how the forum works.

I’ve been at plenty of forums for over two decades. What you propose is a terrible idea and would enable bullying via exclusion. I’m glad this forum doesn’t have such a feature.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
It’s not your thread. That’s not how the forum works.

I’ve been at plenty of forums for over two decades. What you propose is a terrible idea and would enable bullying via exclusion. I’m glad this forum doesn’t have such a feature.
Well how about, once the ignore button is clicked a box asking for a reason for ignoring comes up and you know...novel idea this...the mods actually do their job and investigate if that reason is valid or not. For example, if it's trolling which derails a thread and discussion topic, guess what, that poster can be ignored.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
As opposed to the report button...?
But report doesn't work in this context. Report a post, it gets deleted (maybe :wacko:) but then the poster or posters can return as is the case it seems on many threads here. So the ignore function is more appropriate.

Just a suggestion anyway, something that would an improvement. No idea why you're all getting so defensive, it's as if I cursed the queen :laugh:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yo mods or whoever is actually running this site...if anyone...the ignore function is a bit rubbish. Those fools can still post on a thread even if they are ignored by the thread starter. What's the point of it? It just becomes a hide function.

Sort this out old men!
We use a forum platform called XenForo - we were previously using software called vBulletin and had a lot of modifications/add-ons installed which caused many headaches as the years went by. As proper ignore functionality is only available through an add-on, its not likely we would pay for it and install it.