• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC - Ruining Everything Since Forever

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Jeremy Wells is ****ing brilliant, I don't care what you ****s think. And yeah, I like Leigh Hart too. Hart can be extremely childish in his humour but he's often incredibly subtle too.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeremy Wells is ****ing brilliant, I don't care what you ****s think. And yeah, I like Leigh Hart too. Hart can be extremely childish in his humour but he's often incredibly subtle too.
Yeah Wells is okay, used to enjoy his eating media lunch and unauthorized history of NZ shows. Leigh Hart is bearable in extremely small doses.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
And if it wasn't for the ACC, I wouldn't have found out that Hamilton has the best "boosies" in New Zealand and Northland the worst.

Debris

International 12th Man
Punishment not harsh enough IMO. You cannot do enough to discourage these sort of cringe-worthy pranks.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Punishment not harsh enough IMO. You cannot do enough to discourage these sort of cringe-worthy pranks.
I take it you're joking?

Ftr, here is a description of what happened.

[The ACC] were invited into the drinks trolley by sponsors Gatorade, part of the Pepsi Cola group. Hart's credentials were given to the ICC and ground operators the day before the match. Gatorade had been trying to get the ACC on to the trolley in other matches, but early finishes had prevented this from happening.

The umpires, Johan Cloete and Marais Erasmus, commented on Hart's attire and they engaged in small talk for a matter of seconds.

As drinks was wrapping up, Grant Elliott - known throughout the summer by the ACC team as the Hairy Javelin - wandered past and asked Hart how he was going and he replied.
And that's it.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Entirely different to the Bond situation tbf.
Yes, but I think he's making the point that NZC has a track record of keeping its head down, regardless of the issue, to avoid upsetting its masters. They'd let in nuclear ships if they ran more than just cricket in NZ.

Regarding the Alternative Cricket Commentary itself, I enjoy listening to Wells. He played in the first XI with Vettori and wrote the foreword for his autobiography. His cricket articles in the Herald a couple of years ago were generally good value. Remembering the Man in the Panama Hat in particular.

When I close my eyes on lonely nights at home, I can still see Jones tapping his bat mid-stance before leaping back and across, timing anything slightly short and wide behind point for four. In his hands, a Symonds Super Tusker. On his head, a short-brimmed Panama or, against faster bowling, a grill-less white helmet with elongated ear guards.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
"So they marched day and night by the Sky camera tower...
ICC wore the pants but the caravan had the power..."

B-KaU3xIQAE8JKo.jpg

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

jcas0167

International Debutant
Jeez it's easy to forget just good Dean Jones was donning the coloured clothing back in the late 80s early 90s.
You mean Andrew Jones? Both were prolific. I certainly remember him batting with that Symonds Tusker. There was one at the indoor cricket centre I play at a few years ago. I'd often use it.