• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Icc 4?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
If its not simply a data update, I'll definitely be getting my hands on it for some online action.
Kinda expensive tho. And a bit sus that Childish Things havent make any announcements regarding it...

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Also: Gamerankings, GameFAQs and Gamespot all have little "International Cricket Captain 4" pages up, without any actual info - in particular, Gamespot even lists the official development website as www.empireinteractive.com

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
If its not simply a data update, I'll definitely be getting my hands on it for some online action.
Kinda expensive tho. And a bit sus that Childish Things havent make any announcements regarding it...
Yep I'd wait for an official comment on how it differs from ICC 3 before deciding whether to purchase it or not. Very surprised that Childish Things have absolutely nothing about it on their webpage which makes me a little suspicious that its basically a data update.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
has this game actually been confirmed by anyone other than what has been said on play.com etc... until i've seen something from the developers or a preview or something i'd be sceptical that it actually exists.

ayub95

Cricket Spectator
http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/003/003792/imgs_1.html
This is the Pics and info

From http://www.gamershell.com/companies/xplosiv/446454.html :
Xplosiv Announces the Launch of International Cricket Captain 2008 with England Hero Monty Panesar
Company: XplosivDate: 10 Jun 2008LONDON, 10th June 2008 – Xplosiv, a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar holdings (NASDAQ: SSTR), has today announced that the latest instalment of its best selling cricket management franchise, International Cricket Captain 2008 will release on 27th June 2008. International Cricket Captain 2008 is the most realistic and in-depth cricket management game to date. With a complete statistical update, a remodelled game engine and a vastly enhanced and re-designed interface and the most up to date statistics available, International Cricket 2008 is set to reclaim its place amongst the sports management elite.

Monty Panesar, Northamptonshire and England’s leading spin bowler said “International Cricket Captain 2008 has everything a cricket fan could possibly want.” James Spice, Empire Interactive VP of Marketing added, “Monty Panesar is one of the hottest talents in world cricket today and a legend among the England fans. We’re delighted to be working with him on what is the most spectacular version of International Cricket Captain to date.”

International Cricket Captain 2008 is set to be the world’s #1 cricket management game for cricket fans of all ages. Gamers can manage all aspects of their team’s progress from transfers, team selection and training to detailed match tactics on the road to ultimate cricketing glory! International Cricket Captain 2008 will launch on 27th June 2008 and will be available exclusively for PC.

“We've redesigned the fielding engine with a new range of features, each modelled on thousands of real matches which has helped us to produce our most accurate simulation yet,.” Commented Chris Child, CEO Childish Things, “The interface has been overhauled to incorporate the ball-tracker as a central feature and give the game a more intuitive and relaxing feel.”

Gamers can now manage all aspects of their team’s progress from transfers, team selection and training to detailed match tactics on the road to ultimate cricketing glory! International Cricket Captain 2008 will launch on 27th June 2008 and will be available exclusively for PC.

Product Information:

International Cricket Captain 2008 is the most realistic and in-depth cricket management game to date. Take charge of a domestic or international team and experience the highs and lows of cricket management on the road to ultimate glory. With a complete statistical update and brand new features, this edition raises the benchmark for cricket management simulation.

Complete statistical update

• Complete player database containing every player currently playing first class or List-A limited overs cricket from around the world. (Over 3000 players).
• Comprehensive domestic and international fixtures for 2008 and all future scheduled fixtures.
• Accurate and up to date rules reflecting the latest regulations.

More game play options & features

• More game play options with NEW coaching and player development attributes.
• NEW youth player options, develop and select youth players in your first team squad.
• NEW and improved match screen, including an all-new integrated ball-tracker and statistics window.
• Improved 3D game highlights with an extensive range of NEW diving and slip catch animations.
• Re-balanced game engine with accurate match simulation.
• Optimised game engine speeds up game play.
• Improved new player generation keeps the game realistic for over 100 years.
• Track your bowler's performance with realistic ball dynamics accurately simulating bowling speeds, spin and swing.
• Full range of over 60 classic strokes and aggressive slogs covering classic shots such as; defence, sweeps, drives, cuts, hooks and more.
• Online play: challenge players from all over the world using your own team and score rating points in our online league.
• Two player: Play against a friend with your choice of teams in a test or one-day series.
• Includes tips and advice for novices and managers of all levels.
• Real-time updates as play progresses.
• Commentary from Test Match Special's Jonathan (Aggers) Agnew.

Match modes

• County & International Career: captain both the county team and international team of your choice from the start of the game.
• Exhibition Match: go straight into a one off match with two international teams in either Twenty20 or a One Day International (ODI) match.
• Match Series: create a Test or One Day series of your choice with any two international teams.
• World Cup Series: replay the 2007 World Cup tournament in the West Indies.
• Play against a friend or challenge 1000's of teams online for ultimate cricketing glory.
darko21 is offline Reply With Quote

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That actually sounds pretty good, if they can make it different enough to ICC3 then i'll definiately be interested in getting it.

cpr

International Coach
So apart from apparently new training, a few animations, data update and more blue interface, whats new?

Are we getting a proper international 20/20 setup? Can we expect a 6 or two?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like the sound of the youth team thing. Tempted to buy this one.

But yeah 6s and decent pace bowlers have been seriously lacking throughout the series. Hope they are finally implemented this time.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have bough the last couple of games and this one doesnt sound too much different. Be nice if they actually fixed the small things that would make the game considerably better.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Having Aus or NZ domestic would be nice. Indeed, having more than 30 NZ players to choose from would be good as well.