• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Icc 4?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Can't find this youth team thing they talked about though...
...And thats very typical. :laugh:
Hahaha. Yknow, I think I've found it.
There's a hell of a lot more youth players this time around. All all of them have very recent stats, too - i.e. they sim games for these youth players just before the contracts come out.
I'll be giving it a further going-over as I keep playing.

masterblaster

International Captain
Just downloaded it and have played a couple of test matches. The fast bowlers seem to pick up wickets at a much more realistic rate than they did in the previous versions. More sixes seem to be the go as well. The engine seems much more fine tuned, so I'm enjoying it so far. However much of the game is still really the same.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Im not liking that, when I select my overseas squad, the team I've selected doesnt get a page all to itself.
It makes selecting a balanced squad hard, because they're just a list of names.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It looks like there are far more players in the game though, there are heaps more NZ players available for selection than in previous versions.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
More wickets for the pace bowlers is the main concern for me, if thats been fixed, then i'll seriously consider getting this. Also does anyone know if whilst playing as England, all players actually play domestic matches? As this was an annoying big last time round.

More decent aussie players would also be welcome.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it is.

In the short time I've spent playing this so far I've already found one absolutely gun player - Peter Siddle from Australia. He's insanely good.

Greg Hay looks the goods too for NZ.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
...In the short time I've spent playing this so far I've already found one absolutely gun player - Peter Siddle from Australia. He's insanely good...
Yeah, that would be because of his most recent season with the Vics, where he pretty much dominated.
I'm enjoying playing county/international with Yorkshire and Bangladesh. Found a promising Bangladeshi spinner who I've just signed.

masterblaster

International Captain
Piyush Chawla is an absolute gun in this game. I managed India for about 5 seasons and at the age of 24 he had already gone past 300 wickets at an average of about 22. One particular test season he took 104 wickets at about 19. Best bowler I've seen so far while playing ICC 2008.

masterblaster

International Captain
How'd you manage five seasons in less than two days?!
Skipped a lot of meaningless test matches and World Cup group matches, most of which we won anyway. Played only the important games (i.e. series deciders, series openers etc.)

Playing it at a much slower rate now that I've only got one day left on the trial.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Well what should i say????
it is no better than 2007,,,,i would say it exactly a copy of 2007........
although the match engine is better........
but how can we now expect something better from ICC makers????
but still...as always ...i will b spending money to buy it......

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Introducing 3-d graphics in 2007 was completely useless.......who watches highlights?....,..,introducing domestic circuits of all countries would have been a far better idea.....

cpr

International Coach
Bought the bugger, didnt even bother with the 2 day trial. Thats how much faith i have in it (that and it was payday the other day)