• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2005 Trial download

jabba

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, it's not even a 24 hours trial, I downloaded it last night and this morning it tells me my trial is up! I presume by purchasing the license in the trial you can get it in Aus

musha_13

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Mine won't work.

When I run it, it keeps coming up with messages that say it cant open d:/uig/fntlrg etc.

musha_13

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
musha_13 said:
Mine won't work.

When I run it, it keeps coming up with messages that say it cant open d:/uig/fntlrg etc.
I found out what was wrong. You can't have ICC2002 in the disk drive while playing ICC2005

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I had that problem to.. and figuered it out after a while lol :)

Anyway ive played and this is my thoughts:

The main game screen should show how many balls the batmsn has faced aswell as their score.

I thought i read that 'all' domestic teams will be in the game? But still you can only play as an english team.

I scored well over 300 in a OD game and only ONE six was hit.. Dissapointing

The agression levels have changed with only one normal bar now.. and to many agressive bars i think.

And i still think the oval should be changed it looks stupid i think lol the shape is all over the place.

Anyway in saying all of this im still a fan of the game and will still play ICC 2002 as it is addictive and just a good game.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, disappointing that they haven't fixed up those few annoyances, but I'll probably get it anyway, seeing as the most recent version I own is ICC2. Hence it doesn't really bother me if it's only a data update on ICC2002, as I never had it in the first place.

Started off with a 1948 Ashes match, ended up winning by one wicket after being set 388 on the last day to win. Barnes 127, and one D.G. Bradman 79 and 99. Will try to play a proper CC season before my trial period runs out. :ph34r:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
musha_13 said:
I found out what was wrong. You can't have ICC2002 in the disk drive while playing ICC2005
Yeah I found the same error coming up so took a while to work out the problem too. ;)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
kears_falcon_9 said:
I had that problem to.. and figuered it out after a while lol :)

Anyway ive played and this is my thoughts:

The main game screen should show how many balls the batmsn has faced aswell as their score.

I thought i read that 'all' domestic teams will be in the game? But still you can only play as an english team.

I scored well over 300 in a OD game and only ONE six was hit.. Dissapointing

The agression levels have changed with only one normal bar now.. and to many agressive bars i think.

And i still think the oval should be changed it looks stupid i think lol the shape is all over the place.

Anyway in saying all of this im still a fan of the game and will still play ICC 2002 as it is addictive and just a good game.
Yep, definitely agree that batsmen should have the number of balls faced, bit frustrating having to switch to the batting screen every time I need that information.

Also agree that the number of sixes is disappointing. Just hit 174 from 149 balls with Jacob Oram against the first Zimbabwe practice team - containing 22 fours but not one six. :(

Another database error with New Zealand too - Craig McMillan is not an opening batsman.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, although McMillan was tried (unsuccessfully) as an opener in the World Cup in 2003 so that might explain that. Marshall as a keeper is very weird though! And I noticed in my NZ game that in England's first season, Jamie Troughton and Mark Davies are England regulars and they seem to be really good. A bit intriguing.

Still love the game though, the World Cup every 4 years is what I really wanted.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
Yeah, although McMillan was tried (unsuccessfully) as an opener in the World Cup in 2003 so that might explain that. Marshall as a keeper is very weird though! And I noticed in my NZ game that in England's first season, Jamie Troughton and Mark Davies are England regulars and they seem to be really good. A bit intriguing.

Still love the game though, the World Cup every 4 years is what I really wanted.
That was only for two or three matches though, while Mark Richardson, who opens nearly every innings for Auckland or New Zealand is just a batsman - makes little sense really.

Just skipped half a season with Somerset to investigate the Twenty20 matches - a fun variation from the usual one dayers or first class matches. 100 for Jayasuriya and we made 187/3, not a bad effort IMO. Time for the bowlers to get smashed now by the looks of things though.

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
I find spinners with defensive fields are quite effective in the closing overs of Twenty20 games..... at least that bits realistic.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I am not impressed by this so far.

Sixes....actually I've had good luck with this. Strauss hit Gillespie for 2 consecutive and there were about 8 in the entire innings. Can't remember if that's an improvement or not but with ICC 2000 I only get sixes every other game.

Layout bugs me. Guess I'm used to the old one, but a lot of the things have been moved and seem silly, and a tad complex in some ways. In trying to give a lot of inofmration it's become both cluttered and ugly. Not the colours, which I think are great and fresh..but the layout. Maybe they should've only slightly variated form the old ones?

Wouldn't mind seeing more bowling options. Mind you, I can't actually think of what they'd be. But definately some more finer options. Perhaps with different styles of delivery etc? Or is that in ICC 2002 which I don't have?

NZ's database is ridiculous. There are either: Wicketkeepers, openers, wicketkeeper openers or all rounders. What the fork? I think someone's saw that someone acted as wicketkeeper or opener for 1 or 2 matches and decided to put that in. Or a number 11 once scored a 50.

Overseas domestic season or the like would've be nice also. Since this is a 1 day trial and you can "unlock" it, one presumes this is the final product. If so, very poor. I'm hoping it really is more of a beta-demo but it seems too late for that now.

Back to 2000.

Last edited: