• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2005 Trial download

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
You can just press F2 at any time to put the game in Windowed mode. Then F3 to take it out of "always on top" mode.

I'm sure you knew this already though ;)

By the way, has anyone tried Magpie on it yet?

Hoggy31

International Captain
andrew_nixon said:
You can just press F2 at any time to put the game in Windowed mode. Then F3 to take it out of "always on top" mode.

I'm sure you knew this already though ;)

By the way, has anyone tried Magpie on it yet?
I have and it didn't work

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't got very far into the game, but so far it gives an impression that there are a lot more international fixtures for all teams.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
For "2005" I get the feeling a lot of the stats and averages are from the year 2004

But thats only examining a few players. Will have an in depth look now.

SteveG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I have downloaded the Trial Version and up-dated it to the Full Version...and I must say the game does feel a little more than just an update.

New commentary, new animations and a new look interface.

Yes, there are some inaccuraccies in the up-dated stats, but nothing that can't be fixed in a patch.

Overall, I was happy with the new version. Its certainly not a whole new game...but enough change to make the game more enjoyable.

NZTailender

Steve, would you say I should get it? I was going to order 2002 since I have just 2000, but I put that off because of 2005.

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
Couple of things I'm pleased to see in this game......

1) Overseas cricket during the English season - hope this isn't just for the first season
2) Players for touring teams aren't missing for the entire season.

But 2) has a downside, as we aren't able to have replacement overseas players, as in real life.

Hope all the database problems I and others have pointed out can be fixed in the first patch.

NZTailender

Yup, the database definately looks like they're using 2004 stats? Apart from England.

Anyone with the full game please tell us otherwise...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
SteveG said:
I have downloaded the Trial Version and up-dated it to the Full Version...and I must say the game does feel a little more than just an update.

New commentary, new animations and a new look interface.

Yes, there are some inaccuraccies in the up-dated stats, but nothing that can't be fixed in a patch.

Overall, I was happy with the new version. Its certainly not a whole new game...but enough change to make the game more enjoyable.
When you say you updated it, you mean you purchased the full game when the trial expired? Does it make any significant difference? Are there things in the full version which are not in the trial?

BladeSteve

Cricket Spectator
I'm disappointed that there are no player photos this time ... not essential of course to the game but doesn't look right without them.... does this bother anyone?
What exactly does the graph suppose to show anyway?
======Compare screens from 2002 and 2005 below ======

Also quite a bit of new commentary is included [the wavs that begin with 1107 are the new ones if you want to check them out]
The new comments about bowlers taking five wickets don't trigger. Not sure about ducks and no balls .. haven't heard them yet.
Still no comments for leg byes and when the batsmen run four.

I enjoy the commentary as you may have guessed and recently remixed it with stereo crowd applause and added two extra well known commentators :happy: [it's now around 558MB :blink: the original is only about 76MB without applause of course.

Not sure if I'll get the 2005 game but it would be nice for the updated competitions and fixtures, especially the Ashes series which I am playing today [well the first Test anyway] before the trial runs out :wacko:

Kruis is missing from the Yorkshire squad by the way.

ICC 2002

ICC 2005

Last edited:

musha_13

I played the first test of the Ashes. Michael Clarke made a hundred. Had a look at his stats, and guess what...............it was his first test WTF?

Also, I skipped a lot of matches and got to the world cup and it seems to be ok. I'm not a fran of the 16 team comp and after seeing it in the game I don't think it will work to well in real life.

SteveG

The Trial Version offers you the choice to try the game, buy the game or enter a license key (presumably, if you have to re-install at a later time).

The stats for Australia are prior to the 2004/05 Australian season (Gillespie and McGrath do not have Test 50's)so I assume that all teams (except England) are updated to the start of the 2004 season.

While I liked the worm graph, I think an option for a player pic should have been left in. I also liked the new interface the more I used it...things seemed more organised.

I haven't read the manual yet to check if there is an option or not tho.

BTW it is very accurate...I got smashed by England in the first 20/20 match LOLOL

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
musha_13 said:
I played the first test of the Ashes. Michael Clarke made a hundred. Had a look at his stats, and guess what...............it was his first test WTF?

Also, I skipped a lot of matches and got to the world cup and it seems to be ok. I'm not a fran of the 16 team comp and after seeing it in the game I don't think it will work to well in real life.
Which teams are in the World Cup, and are they accurate? eg. Do Scotland and Ireland have their county players in it?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Most of you guys are disappointed because it hasn't changed much from ICC2002? As someone who's never played any ICC game do you recommend getting it?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
James90 said:
Most of you guys are disappointed because it hasn't changed much from ICC2002? As someone who's never played any ICC game do you recommend getting it?
I'd definitely recommened you purchasing the game if you've never played the ICC series before - ICC 2005 is certainly not bad, it's just left a little bit of disappointment after our expectations.

Lueigi

Cricket Spectator
I have downloaded it, installed it, but when I try to run it, It won't load and give's me some UIG errors + a scroll1.bmp error.

Any idea's?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
andrew_nixon said:
Which teams are in the World Cup, and are they accurate? eg. Do Scotland and Ireland have their county players in it?
as far as ive seen no.
Namibia,USA,Holland,UAE are in. not sure who i missed.
Ten doeschae is not playing for Holland :(
Van bunge is a allrounder! batting at 10!.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Lueigi said:
I have downloaded it, installed it, but when I try to run it, It won't load and give's me some UIG errors + a scroll1.bmp error.

Any idea's?
You've had the same problem as a few of us - you need to eject your ICC CD.