• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I dont like Bazball

Howe_zat

Audio File
I would hardly call @chris.hinton an England supporter . He is a fairweather fan who will disappear when England start getting defeated again.
I've no particular desire to go out to bat for Hinton, but I've seen this levelled at a lot of people lately and it's horse ****. There's no 'post when your team is losing' quota to meet before someone can say they count as a supporter. Of course it's more fun for most people to post when your team is winning. If you like talking about you team when they're losing great, but it doesn't make your posting better.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I've no particular desire to go out to bat for Hinton, but I've seen this levelled at a lot of people lately and it's horse ****. There's no 'post when your team is losing' quota to meet before someone can say they count as a supporter. Of course it's more fun for most people to post when your team is winning. If you like talking about you team when they're losing great, but it doesn't make your posting better.
I understand what you want to say and it doesn’t apply to every poster . However posters who post during both good times and bad times of their team are less likely to make hyperbolic posts and would be more rational in their analysis of their team and players.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
so the average England supporter then
Not having that mate.

The average England cricket supporter has to put up with alot.

Despite being one of the big guns of world cricket in terms of revenue and influence, we massively under perform because of the way the game is run.

We've had to endure regular drubbings by our most hated rival, both at home and away. I've been watching us since
the late 1970s and apart from the Packer era, we've only won twice Down Under. Believe me, doing all nighters when you're getting hammered doesn't come easy.

It took us over 40 years and 3 final defeats before we won a 50 over world cup.

Yet crowds at home are excellent. We take massive support away from home. The whole Barmy Army concept was built on you must be mad to follow England abroad when we're so ****e.

You can accuse English cricket of many things and it has numerous shortcomings, but it's supporters are not one of them.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
so the average England supporter then
This is such horse**** and really has irritated me more than it should.

Look mate, if you want to hang **** on England and or its supporters you've got to at least have some substance behind the mud you fling.........England cricket fans are literally the only supporter group in world cricket where being fickle or fairweathered is NOT something they can be accused of.

Edit: beaten by @Ashes81 ..........basically what he said.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
England for the last ten years has produced a generational stream of incredibly talented power hitters and absolute ****-all by way of "traditional" grafting Test batsmen. It's a wonder that it took them so long (and I kept panning them for it) to finally decide to go all-in on the former as the much better route to success. Talent, in the end, is the most important determinant of results.
It has induced severe cognitive dissonance in me for sure. Growing up through the 90s, the English were supposed to be staid, stodgy, utterly hapless, at the white ball game in particular. To see the tear they've been on in those formats over the last few years and then to see them apply the same notion to Tests is all :blink:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It has induced severe cognitive dissonance in me for sure. Growing up through the 90s, the English were supposed to be staid, stodgy, utterly hapless, at the white ball game in particular. To see the tear they've been on in those formats over the last few years and then to see them apply the same notion to Tests is all :blink:
Same feelings exactly. England were the team that was stuck in past. Orthodox to a fault, unimaginative and all that. Now they are transforming one format at a time. And doing it virtually overnight. It's like an anomaly in space time fabric.

Tom Flint

International Regular
This is such horse**** and really has irritated me more than it should.

Look mate, if you want to hang **** on England and or its supporters you've got to at least have some substance behind the mud you fling.........England cricket fans are literally the only supporter group in world cricket where being fickle or fairweathered is NOT something they can be accused of.

Edit: beaten by @Ashes81 ..........basically what he said.
Exactly we send thousands of supporters to every nation to watch us play win or lose. The 90s we did even tho we were bottom of the test rankings.
Anyway since Hinton has been posting we haven't really failed so this can't even be directed at him

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Exactly we send thousands of supporters to every nation to watch us play win or lose. The 90s we did even tho we were bottom of the test rankings.
Anyway since Hinton has been posting we haven't really failed so this can't even be directed at him
Give it 7 months, Smith and Cummins will thrash you boys.

Tom Flint

International Regular
And the point of us underachieving I can't agree with either, like nz we can only play 6 months a year and 2 of those it's about 12 degrees. Despite giving the world the game its not really suited to our climate

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I am curious to see how “bazball” does against a quality attack. Will it lead to more English victories or sub-200 collapses?