• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I don’t like what I see in the mirror

simpleperson

Cricket Spectator
Administrator,

Please remove this post.

I got it out of my system. My bad, to have put negative words out there on this forum. I don't want impact anyone else's life with my negative words.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Listen to your wife, It is still a game.

As for Tendulkar's innings, all I can say is :-

"Girte haiN Shahsawaar hi Maidan- e- jung mein,
Woh Tilf kya Girenge jo Ghutno ke bal chale HaiN"

Sir Alex

Banned
A brilliant piece of literature indeed that was sir. Thank you very much. Indeed it was disappointing to see Tendulkar out in that fashion but why do we expect him to do everything? He scored more than 50% of runs India scored today in less than equivalent percentage of deliveries. If 10 other batsmen cannot score 175 runs when one batsman alone makes that uch then it is their shame the team's shame and not Tendulkar's. I am angry and sad as well. But after all it is just a match. And it is only an ODI. I don't think ODIs really are to be taken this seriously unless they are World Cup ODIs. However I must add had it been a test match, I too would have been in despair.

simpleperson

Cricket Spectator
Don't you see. I am a coward and I am not dying. But I felt really miserable after match and poured it out. I should have known that every negative word would spread negativity around.

It's me that I don't like. That I worked hard all my life to build these strengths and achieved everything that I wanted to. And yet I know I have that loser's suicidal trait that is so "Indian" for my generation. And in today's game Sachin showed it to me in all its ugliness, he showed me the mirror. And I don't like what I see about myself. I don't want to live this way. But I know I can not change it in my lifetime, my generation and it makes me frustrated.

Australians are the best and they don't think these loser thoughts, they don't have these traits. India will get there too, but I can't bear the pain of evolving.

Sorry to depress you all, feels slightly better to have put these thoughts in to words. TO have got it out of my system, my shame for others to see.

Sir Alex

Banned
Don't you see. I am a coward and I am not dying. But I felt really miserable after match and poured it out. I should have known that every negative word would spread negativity around.

It's me that I don't like. That I worked hard all my life to build these strengths and achieved everything that I wanted to. And yet I know I have that loser's suicidal trait that is so "Indian" for my generation. And in today's game Sachin showed it to me in all its ugliness, he showed me the mirror. And I don't like what I see about myself. I don't want to live this way. But I know I can not change it in my lifetime, my generation and it makes me frustrated.

Australians are the best and they don't think these loser thoughts, they don't have these traits. India will get there too, but I can't bear the pain of evolving.

Sorry to depress you all, feels slightly better to have put these thoughts in to words. TO have got it out of my system, my shame for others to see.
Whenever you feel bad, just check up a few scorecards :
6th Match: Australia v India at Sharjah, Apr 22, 1998 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - Sharjah Cup SF
3rd QF: Australia v India at Dhaka, Oct 28, 1998 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - 98 champions trophy QF
3rd ODI: India v Australia at Indore, Mar 31, 2001 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - 2001 series 3rd ODI
Final: Australia v India at Sharjah, Apr 24, 1998 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - Sharjah Cup Final
1st Final: Australia v India at Sydney, Mar 2, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - CB Series Final 1
2nd Final: Australia v India at Brisbane, Mar 4, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - CB Series Final 2

He's been there done that. It is just that he had a small failure in an inconsequential match. Get somesleep dear friend.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish to die rather than see this loser of a trait in myself. To know that I can beat anyone and yet I chose myself to lose. I hope I can kill myself and be born here, in my India again, but after 100 years… when Sachin is no more. But only his legend remains. Only tales of his greatness remains, told down the generations by those who lived on. And with that legend, every child born in that generation will hopefully have filtered out that negative trait and learned to only win like Sachin. Win the battles with oneself, with one’s mind, just like Sachin. With the thinking, thought process and traits evolving, I am sure by that time India would have learned to win, without any apology. They would have lost the suicidal trait. Yes, I would love to just die today. I have achieved and accomplished whatever I have to. If only I could be born 100 years down the line with that feeling of winning only. No trace of that suicidal trait.

I don’t like what I see in the mirror. I hate it. I hate myself. I hate you Sachin for giving me this suicidal trait. It is there and I know it. It just won’t go away! Why did you do it, Sachin? Why did you get out in that fashion? Why did we lose the match again? I am sure that the coward that I am, the loser that I am, I will not be able to even die. You are looking at a broken down soul with all its ugliness. Yes, it has the power to rise and again astound you and amaze you. But you simply have to know, just like Ponting, to go along with your motions and I will kill myself. Aah, if only I could be born again a winner. Simply a winner.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
why compare yourself to others, gee you set yourself goals and achieved them ie chatterd accountant etc. hold your head up bro.

Jakester1288

International Regular
:lol:

Overraction much? Taking it too seriously much? Settle down brah, "OMFG I HATE MYSELF I WANT TO DIE BECAUSE MY TEAM LOST A GAME OMG OMG OMG!!!!!" isn't the way to go about it.

simpleperson

Cricket Spectator
India has given me such highs and the happiness has been immense. But the lows, troughs are more painful then ever. Especially, when Sachin gives them.

It hurt real bad. I slept the night through. I didn't forget it in the morning. But feeling a bit better.

simpleperson

Cricket Spectator
"If that pointless load of old cobblers is anything to go by I doubt that the mirror's too thrilled either. "

LOL. I agree completely about that one.

DingDong

State Captain
India has given me such highs and the happiness has been immense. But the lows, troughs are more painful then ever. Especially, when Sachin gives them.

It hurt real bad. I slept the night through. I didn't forget it in the morning. But feeling a bit better.
that good to hear buddy. don't do anything stupid ok. i've been through many times in my life when i wanted to kill myself as well so i know how u feel. if u need to talk to some one pm me ok.

bagapath

International Captain
people all over the world are suffering racisim, terrorism, wars, land mines, poverty, famine, floods, earthquakes and lose their loved ones in bloody incidents of violence. little kids are kept as bonded labourers. sold for prostitution. enslaved to be child jockeys in desert camel races. you saw a cricket match on tv last night sitting on your couch. get some perspective dude.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Lololololol ovisously lies. The mirror has to avoid suicidely shattering iself for you to look at not like what it sees.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

Sachin does not give you any pain just as God does not give anyone any pain.

You just think there is a God who can and does give anything he wants to anyone and you just imagine that Sachin is a God.

Sachin is someone like you who just bats better but if it was possible for the two of you to bat in adjacent nets to identical deliveries bowled by twin computers, there is every possible that some odd delivery will get Sachin which you may play splendidly.

That is definitely a possibility for two very important reasons, one that sachin is only human and two, and even more importantly, that is the nature of the game.

Till you get that in your head you, and you alone, will contimue to cause yourself pain.

And till then, sad to say, you, like millions of your countrymen will continue to blame Sachin for what is essentially their own fault - making him God and not understanding the nature of sport.