• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Husseys Struggle at test level.....

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hussey is becoming just another one of those players who is far more effective at ODI level than at test level. Hussey averages a mere 120 at test level as opposed to his 150 in ODI's. :clown:

All joking aside........this thread is to discuss his incredible start in both forms of the game. Its early days in his international career, but he doesn't even look like he will go through a bad patch.
 
Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
zinzan12 said:
Hussey is becoming just another one of those players who is far more effective at ODI level than at test level. Hussey averages a mere 120 at test level as opposed to him 150 in ODI's. :clown:

All joking aside........this thread is to discuss his incredible start in both forms of the game. Its early days in his international career, but he doesn't even look like he will go through a bad patch.
He will.
 

howardj

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
All joking aside........this thread is to discuss his incredible start in both forms of the game. Its early days in his international career, but he doesn't even look like he will go through a bad patch.
You must rate the West Indies attack fairly highly then. That's all he has faced at Test level. A great start? Yes. But let's, in the Test arena, reserve our judgement for another 13 months or so.
 

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
howardj said:
You must rate the West Indies attack fairly highly then. That's all he has faced at Test level. A great start? Yes. But let's, in the Test arena, reserve our judgement for another 13 months or so.
Fair enough....but you can only play against the team put in front of you
 

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah... but the West Indies aren't that great, so it's better to wait until he faces attacks of a higher calibre before making such grand statements
 

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
I do hope he breaks both Bradman and Bevan's records.

Let's see how he does against Pollock, Dog, Nel, and Boje the Great.
 

howardj

International Coach
ClownSymonds said:
Let's see how he does against Pollock, Dog, Nel, and Boje the Great.
Let's see how your little buddy fares first. Like a broken down car, I suspect! :p
 

amokk1

U19 12th Man
I am actually rather impressed with Micheal Hussey.

However, when I glanced though his personal profile; I noticed that his first class averages are almost half when compared to his international averages.

So, it makes me wonder, has the quality of bowling in international cricket declined or he is the real deal ?
 

Linda

International Vice-Captain
amokk1 said:
I am actually rather impressed with Micheal Hussey.

However, when I glanced though his personal profile; I noticed that his first class averages are almost half when compared to his international averages.

So, it makes me wonder, has the quality of bowling in international cricket declined or he is the real deal ?
If Hussey averaged half in FC what he does atm in international, then he'd have been picked a long time ago.
 

Buddhmaster

International Captain
amokk1 said:
I am actually rather impressed with Micheal Hussey.

However, when I glanced though his personal profile; I noticed that his first class averages are almost half when compared to his international averages.

So, it makes me wonder, has the quality of bowling in international cricket declined or he is the real deal ?
Could have a bit to do with the number of not outs he has achieved
 

open365

International Vice-Captain
^why do people continualy point to not outs as a bad thing?

if no one has got him out then thats credit to Hussey and he deserves it.

he is a fantastic player,miles better than brad hodge,i csan't wait to see him thrash the south african bowling
 

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
open365 said:
^why do people continualy point to not outs as a bad thing?

if no one has got him out then thats credit to Hussey and he deserves it.

he is a fantastic player,miles better than brad hodge,i csan't wait to see him thrash the south african bowling
Totally agree with you......they were debating that on the radio in NZ saying Not outs shouldn't count towards someones average saying that averages should be only made up of innings in which a player is dismissed, which I think is ludicrous. I say if the batsmen isn't dismissed then good luck to him
 

thierry henry

International Captain
So far in one-dayers Hussey has made 150 runs for every dismissal, and hardly looked like getting out in between times, so imo he totally deserves that average. The average is ridiculously good, but his performances thus far have also been ridiculously good.
 

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
zinzan12 said:
Totally agree with you......they were debating that on the radio in NZ saying Not outs shouldn't count towards someones average saying that averages should be only made up of innings in which a player is dismissed, which I think is ludicrous. I say if the batsmen isn't dismissed then good luck to him
Well, Hussey's innings average in ODIs of 43.14 is a lot more realistic than his actual average of 151.00. You could make an argument that since it's limited overs, not outs are irrelevant.
 

Top