• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hows your club cricket season going so far?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
silentstriker said:
So I had my first practice.

I quickly found out that I come from the Inzy-Martin school of batting. I'm like Inzy between the wickets and Chris Martin when playing a shot. I decided to play fancy and hook a bouncer to midwicket boundry. Unfortunatly, my shot was about 15 seconds late and the ball hit me in the head.

After that, it was all a bit dizzy. Oh, I do remember falling down while trying to run between a wicket, and thus got run out after scoring like 8 runs.

When fielding, I make Monty look like Jonty. I had a nice easy catch and couple easy stops, but if the ball was more than five inches from my body, it was going to the boundry.

With all that said, it was quite fun and I'm definatly going to go again.

PS. Some of them bowlers are fast.

That was my first practice. It was all downhill from there. :laugh:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
My school season was done in October... played four 15 over games... didn't make it past round robin. I opened batting in each game, and opened bowling in the first and last game... got owned in first but did pretty well in last.

My Scores

1st game - 0
2nd game - 25
3rd game - 12
4th game - 6

Average - 10.75
Average scores in those 15 overs per team was around 50

*Didn't keep track of bowling stats

adharcric

International Coach
Winter league starts for me in a few weeks. We'll have white balls and colored uniforms and all so it should be interesting. After that, some college cricket ... hopefully with the seasoned ball and not tape-tennis this semester, but we don't have a pitch yet. Finally, summer league starts in March or April. Lots of cricket. :cool:

archie mac

International Coach
My team Weston Creek is winning 1st grade, in fact we win most years.

My team of which I am captain is the 5th grade side, the goal is to make the final four and qualify for the play offs, we are currently 4th one game behind the side coming 3rd and one game in front of the side coming 5th

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
In terms of the team, we're doing excellent. In the top 4 half-way through the season, so its going to be a pleasant Christmas. Particularly considering we ended up last the previous season.

On a personal note its been mixed, mainly due to me having a stop-start season with injuries, holidays and exams obstructing any sort of continuancy.

With the ball as a leggie I've only really had one good game. That was 3-9, which included having my hattrick ball dropped :@ . Other than that its been very ordinary. So far with the first half of the season over I have 7 overs 3-53. Not pretty. Hoping to have a better second-half of the season, which is whath happened to me last season. Before Christmas last season I only had 1-29 off 4 overs, then in the second half I had figures of 6-94 24.1 overs. Considering it was my first season back to club cricket in ages, I was pretty satisfied with 28.1 overs, 7-123 for the whole season.

With the bat I haven't had many opportunities, but so far I've got 21 runs at an average of 21. :dry: Including the odd higher grade match, 26 runs at an average of 13.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Had a terrible run early in the season with 2, 2, 0, 9, 15, 2 but ressurected it somewhat with scores of 34 and 45 in the last two matches. Need to make them bigger, though.

adharcric

International Coach
How many of you have changed roles completely over the past few years?
I was a first-change seamer and middle-order batsman in high school, then a opening/first-change seamer and tail-ender in my first season of league, then a opening batsman in my second season of league and this season i'll probably be an opening bat and a leggie (possibly offie). :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I started off as a gun middle order batsmen. After ten minutes into the practice, I was a pace bowler and by the end of the session I was sitting in the stands behind the practice field.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
I started off as a gun middle order batsmen.
As in Chris Martin gun?
silentstriker said:
After ten minutes into the practice, I was a pace bowler
Made Ganguly look like Marshall?
silentstriker said:
by the end of the session I was sitting in the stands behind the practice field.
That's your thing. Not much I can say here tbh.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
I started off as a gun middle order batsmen. After ten minutes into the practice, I was a pace bowler and by the end of the session I was sitting in the stands behind the practice field.
* inserts comment about Indian pace bowlers *

howardj

International Coach
Been a stop-start season. Haven't played more than two games in a row as yet. Looking forward to playing some consecutive games after Xmas. Been very happy with my batting. Not so happy with my bowling.

luffy

International Captain
Batting Ave: 21.42
Bowling Ave:12
5 catches at keeper, 2 in field

Junior Team: 3rd
3rd Grade: 2nd

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
How many of you have changed roles completely over the past few years?
I was a first-change seamer and middle-order batsman in high school, then a opening/first-change seamer and tail-ender in my first season of league, then a opening batsman in my second season of league and this season i'll probably be an opening bat and a leggie (possibly offie). :)
I used to be an opening batsman who was thrown the ball regularly and took wickets. Now I'm a wicketkeeper batting in the middle order.