• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good would Bradman have been at ODIs?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the Bodyline series Bradman played aggressively all the time and his scoring rate then was 94 - makes Sehwag look pedestrian by comparison

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In the Bodyline series Bradman played aggressively all the time and his scoring rate then was 94 - makes Sehwag look pedestrian by comparison
I wonder if it was a case of playing aggressively or taking advantage of the fact of the gaps on the offside field?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder if it was a case of playing aggressively or taking advantage of the fact of the gaps on the offside field?
Took his chances where he could, rather than play for his average, which he could easily have done - bodyline would never have got him out had he decided to just let it fly past rather than try and play into the off side

ganeshran

International Debutant
Players with good fundamentals would do well in any cricketing format. Though they might not be world beaters in formats other than their expertise, they would still be pretty useful contributors to the team.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Took his chances where he could, rather than play for his average, which he could easily have done - bodyline would never have got him out had he decided to just let it fly past rather than try and play into the off side
Yeah, I'm just wondering if "aggressive" is necessarily the right word to use to describe his batting.