• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Ah, reminds me of my stint with Vestmannaeyjar (still know how to spell it!).. We ruled to be honest
What was there to rule? A few sheep and a league with less competition than the Vauxhall Masterfit Retailers League?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Samuel_Vimes said:
Yup. I dread the day Oldham Athletic are bought up by Cisco and renamed "Cisco Systems" :D
So my team would be known as "The Ginsters Pasties"...

Wonder if they get free unhealthy food as a result of their contract?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well the current owners earned their millions by setting up a company called Cellular Network Communications Group, maybe we could be CNCG Athletic!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
well the current owners earned their millions by setting up a company called Cellular Network Communications Group, maybe we could be CNCG Athletic!
Nah, JJB is currently considering buying the Athletic off all teams called that in our quest to become THE Latics

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
steds said:
Nah, JJB is currently considering buying the Athletic off all teams called that in our quest to become THE Latics
JJB Latics vs Emirates/Abramovich United?

It probably isn't far off...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
started a game with northern ireland - the board and fans just want us not to be embarrassed. so far i've drawn at home to poland, lost 4-0 to Wales, beaten Azerbaijan away 3-0, and drawn with Austria at home. Shame about the Wales match but i think i'm doing OK so far

Craig

World Traveller
chris.hinton said:
Fm2005 is excellent i am Aston Villa at the Moment i still play cm 01/02 and am Exeter and also cm03/04 and i am Wimbeldon on that version
For a West Bromwich Albion fan I find it surprising that you would be Aston Villa. I bit like me being AC Milan.

Craig

World Traveller
Finally with some help I have got FM 2005 working, and I like it alot.

Although for some reason I can't manage IItalian team if I want to.

Oh yeah I have edited myself in as a player, as well as me managing, and me as a player is wanted by a whole host of clubs. And Mourinho and I are friends in the game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That doesn't sound right with the Italian team - I know there's an issue with Germany, but not Italy?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Just helped Argentina win the 2010 World Cup for the first time since 1986. We beat England 2-0 in the Final. The highlights were Cesar Carignano getting the Golden Boot and beating Denmark 9-2 in the QF. The low point was drawing with Australia in our first match.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
Just helped Argentina win the 2010 World Cup for the first time since 1986. We beat England 2-0 in the Final. The highlights were Cesar Carignano getting the Golden Boot and beating Denmark 9-2 in the QF. The low point was drawing with Australia in our first match.
australia made the world cup :-O

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
That doesn't sound right with the Italian team - I know there's an issue with Germany, but not Italy?
Well for some reason I sign an Italian players playing for Italian clubs, or those who play for them or their clubs (ie Roma, Lazio, Chievo etc.) but I can't run the league.

Also has anybody noticed that Oliver Khan isn't in the Bayern Munich team, or his name is spelt wrong? And I'm fully sure he hasn't retired yet.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's legal issues - he's being a bit of a selfish idiot and refusing to allow his name to be in the game. He's called Jens Mustermann (wonder if SI did that to sound a bit like his good friend from the Arsenal?!)

There's a few of these issues around - go to the Dugout or somewhere and there's info on how to change it to make it all right - think it's something to do with the fake.lnc files.