• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

King Pietersen

International Captain
A draw away at Swansea in the penultimate game of the season cost me the league title in my second year in charge of United. Chelsea ended up pipping me by 1 point, so winning that game against the Swans would have won me the league. We bounced back quickly though, a 7-0 win over Southampton was followed by a win in the Champions League Final, eventually defeating Napoli 6-2. Didn't come easy though, with 76 mins on the clock we were 2-0 down. A superb free-kick from Mata brought us back to 2-1 and from there it was the Adnan Januzaj show. He levelled things up on 89 minutes with a superb curled effort before sealing the deal setting up Shaw in extra time to make it 3-2 before adding two more goals himself (one was ruled a Reina own goal, but it was Adnan's goal). So 3 goals and 2 assists for Januzaj, a truely inspired match-winning performance.

Son was the star player of the season. Despite only joining in January he was electric. Led the club in terms of POTM awards, won Footballer of the Year, Fans' Player of the Year and was just an all-round god. 13 goals and 11 assists in the league with 8 POTM awards in 15 games. Insane player. To think the fans were dubious when I brought him in too. Money very well spent. If you have the money for him, buy him. He is the best player I've used on this years game. Used as an MR W(A) he's been absolute class. Buy him, thank me later.

The summer transfer window saw many changes. Out went Valdes, Yarmolenko (£25.5m), Schneiderlin (£45.5m), Mata (£35m) and Lingard (£3.7m) and in came:

Neymar - £75m
Stones - £40m
Donnarumma - £15m
Calhanoglu - £27.5m
Verratti - £66m
De Sciglio - £20m
Celik (Regen) - £5m

A lot of money to spend but a lot of it is over 48 months so not a massive amount of initial outlay but some world-class talent brought in. With Valdes leaving Donnarumma fits the bill as back-up goalkeeper, the defence is strengthened with the additions of Stones and the versatile De Sciglio, Verratti replaces Schneiderlin, Calhanoglu replaces Mata and Neymar comes in because he's immense. With those changes made, my strongest XI is:

---------------------De Gea------------------------
---Darmian----Stones----Jones-------Shaw---------
-----------------Pogba----Verratti---------------------
--Son----------------------------------------------------
-------------------Calhanoglu----------Neymar---------
---------------------Dybala------------------------------

Beast of a team with Donnarumma, De Sciglio, Laporte, Rojo, Tielemans, Valencia, Januzaj, Herrera, Memphis, Rooney, Martial and Wilson as back-up squad players. We're looking incredibly strong going into my 3rd season. Very pleased with that line-up.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Picked up the new FM the other day, and after a slow start I have quickly fallen into the trap of playing it compulsively.

Started with Valencia. Season started poorly with a defeat to Monaco in the Champions League playoff, but since then I've only suffered one defeat in fourteen league games, despite Parejo and Gomes being out for all of that time with injuries. 2nd in the league at the moment.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Everton is proving more fun but I am really struggling to put a whole season together. Going on awful runs of form has always been a problem but have just not managed to rectify it at all on this one so far.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Negredo now out for 4 months with some muscle tear. Bit of a problem, as he's probably scored about 80% of my goals this season. Equally troubling is that Alcacer is out injured for a month or so as well, so it'll be Santi Mina leading the line for a while. Form has already dipped off a bit - started to draw loads of games - so it'll be interesting to see how things go.

That Guardiola screenshot reminds me of the time I got a message saying Steve Bruce (then the Liverpool manager) stormed out of a press conference in anger. Quite amusing, for a variety of reasons. I think I posted about it at the time, actually.

cpr

International Coach
GIMH getting pissy because he can't play his favourite team on FM anymore without a lower league expansion pack

cpr

International Coach
by moving the save manually, yes. Alas doesn't support dropbox/cloud saving AFAIK - or at least 15 didnt. Did read 16 allows you to sync saves between PC and portable devices.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Just had a match where Debuchy completed 10 crosses and made 17 key passes. Makes it kind of hard to take the game seriously tbh.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
3 goals conceded in my first 10 league matches. Atleticoesq.

Still 3rd though because United and Liverpool are amazing as usual.