• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Historic *** abuse allegations made by former U19 Aus cricketer

Shri

Mr. Glass
Bit of a disclaimer as it contains references to ***ual abuse.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01...t-abuse-on-india-and-sri-lanka-tour/100715912

What is it with old coaches from the 1980s being sick ****s in Australia?
this actually does deserve a thread

but having read the whole thing, i feel like there were two kiddie diddlers invovlved and it was the coach plus the team doctor. strongly feel like it was the doc that raped the ex-cricketer in question but the **** is dead

so they are taking aim at the other ****bag still alive but they might not have any hard evidence. ffs.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasn't exactly sure where to slap it given the nature of the story is incredibly disturbing and incendiary even by CC standards and where the conversation would lead at this stage, evidence etc.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I don't think it gets much worse. Some crimes are much worse than murder. Rather than take a life they leave behind a shell of a person tormented forever. It truly shocks me at how many vile animals walk among us in all areas of life.

It's also disgusting at how many establishments are more concerned with upholding their appearances rather than doing whatever they can to help the victims. That was a horrible piece to read, but we need to be aware of what really happens at times.

Gnske

And to think the other night I joked with Burgey that CA never backs its players in reference to the Andrew Symonds racism fiasco, but I didn't know it would go to the next level the very next morning.

The stories about Bitmead would be comically unbelievable if they weren't so corroborated. How does an organisation not know if one of their coaches is pissing off to do god knows what on the town in the midst of a tour and come back with underage boys to his hotel room in full sight of its players. Hopefully the story gets a lot of traction to the end that CA is finally forced to act for their part.

Gnske

The whole situation sort of reminded me also immediately of Rod Owen's abuse that was similarly broken by the ABC by Russell Jackson.

harsh.ag

Couldn't read it. Hope Mitchell finds true peace. Hope CA are able to give his family justice and reparation.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Read that this morning, absolutely grotesque. That poor guy. I hope it helps him to have this come out and be investigated now and that he can get the support he would need.