• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Helping Out

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most would be aware just how big of a job CWXI is, getting the game back to where it was or even close to that will require help as there is only so much one person can do. I've had contact with one or two people who can lend a hand where needed but I don't want to force anyone into doing anything they cant commit to. What I'm asking here is for people to volunteer their time, if they feel they can make a contribution to the game if its through grade cricket, under 19's, selection panel etc... pretty much everything then let me know. My msn is dcoulthardf1 @ hotmail.com or email me at the same address.
Cheers
Simon

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I was competent in running U/19's, until Dan Smith had a cry. However, I haven't decided if I wish to participate yet or not. Not sure about the takeover / loss of Camps/Mork nostalgia.

If I get over that emotional hurdle, then I'd probably lend a hand. :p

cpr

International Coach
Might be interested in helping to update the stats if you want, might be a bit slow due to work/4 day bender this weekend, but if someone wants to put all the files on a platter for me i'd be willing to churn through my fair share of matches etc if you like.

Simon

I was competent in running U/19's, until Dan Smith had a cry. However, I haven't decided if I wish to participate yet or not. Not sure about the takeover / loss of Camps/Mork nostalgia.

If I get over that emotional hurdle, then I'd probably lend a hand. :p
Haha ok, there will always be a position for someone who has been so involved in the game as you have been. Hope you will come back as a player at least, there's likely to be a CWXI tour starting just after or around Xmas so if you want to be considered for that you'll need to declare your interest by then.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im up for helping mate, Will try and talk to you on MSN in the next few days...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Well, it could be run by Tharmi or Kyle...

edit: somewhat ironic coming from me, yes.

Simon

Regardless of if you like Brendon or I at least you know we are reliable and will give this thing a real go.

NZTailender

Not so sure about that, but in any case I was joking.
Haha, fair. Didn't suspect the WCCXI comment was malicious in the first place.

CWXI is obviously more popular than WCC, which suffered from manager-to-interest ratio problems, so I think it's in good hands.

Simon

Haha, fair. Didn't suspect the WCCXI comment was malicious in the first place.

CWXI is obviously more popular than WCC, which suffered from manager-to-interest ratio problems, so I think it's in good hands.
Yeh thats right, if WCC could have maintained the interest the way CWXI does then it would still be going strong no doubt.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I have a Python script that collects stats from HODI and VC4 - so that makes that easy as pi (as long as you have Python). So whoever wants to do the OD stats should probably contact me if they want their job slightly easier :)

bryce

International Regular
Hmmm would be a very interesting team, if I am correct the Sri Lanka series was the last one? Blackman & Borcich had established themselves in the Test side but have not yet signed in, Richards was stellar, and Demeza & Thomas had been tossed away after consistently crap performances...
btw i'm appy to help out with selections, match reports or anything, haha:)

Last edited:

Simon

Interesting point you bring up regarding who hasnt signed in, the bowling depth looks pretty good but as you mentioned it's not only the guys that are established but even a few fringe batsman that arent yet available.

NZTailender

Last CWXI squads (those who have signed in are bolded):

ODI:
Neil Pickup, Chris Butler, Ash Chaulk, Kingsley Clapham, Andrew Cloete, Alex Crampton, Sean Fuller, Kev Gough, Ben Read, Nick Scott, M Smith, G Sriram, James Stedman, Kyle Wright

Test:
Neil Pickup, Alex Blackman, Nick Borcich, Chris Butler, +Ash Chaulk, Andrew Cloete, Trav Demeza, David Kennett, Will Kerr, +Håkon Mørk, Dav Richards, Greg Thomas, Mike Wilson, Peter Young, Stephen Young.