• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help! Glue Residue on Cricket Bat!

Ajay shankar

Cricket Spectator
Hi all,

Recently, I tried removing an anti scuff sheet from my bat. I followed procedure and warmed up the glue on the sheet with a hairdryer. I then peeled it off, but to my surprise, it left a thick residue of glue! After a while of sanding and trying other things like acetone, I retired for the night. Anyone have any suggestions to my dilemma?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a pretty common issue tbh. I used to get some really fine sandpaper and rub it across the face and edges pretty gently. It used to make the residual glue loosen enough that it would roll into little balls on the face which could then be picked off.

Then I got sick of doing it and just took my bats to Kingsgrove at the start of each season for a new bat face. Cost about $25

Ajay shankar

Cricket Spectator
This is a pretty common issue tbh. I used to get some really fine sandpaper and rub it across the face and edges pretty gently. It used to make the residual glue loosen enough that it would roll into little balls on the face which could then be picked off.

Then I got sick of doing it and just took my bats to Kingsgrove at the start of each season for a new bat face. Cost about $25
I tried using sandpaper, but it still just wouldn't come off. I live in America, so getting it repaired professionally isn't an option either. I'll have to try the sandpaper again later today, I'll be back with the results.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've got some 'glue residue' on some magazines I hide in the cupboard too. I would try sandpaper, but am scarred after my priest suggested the same thing to stop me using the magazines, and I ended up with wounds that wouldn't heal for a month. As for rolling it into little balls, I am not a monster.

Ajay shankar

Cricket Spectator
Can we be serious? I've been trying to use sandpaper, but it's too tough. I'm a youth cricketer, and have a selection match next weekend. Any actual advice?

Son Of Coco

Can we be serious? I've been trying to use sandpaper, but it's too tough. I'm a youth cricketer, and have a selection match next weekend. Any actual advice?
I don't have any, but using sandpaper didn't end very well for 3 Australian top order bats.

Although is it not possible to warm it up a little to get it off?

Son Of Coco

If you're dealing with glue residue on your cricket bat, turn to All About Cricket LLC for exceptional service options. Their knowledgeable staff can provide expert guidance on removing glue residue effectively, ensuring your bat remains in optimal condition. With their commitment to customer satisfaction and quality service, All About Cricket LLC is your trusted partner in resolving cricket bat maintenance issues.
You must be fun at parties.

Owzat

U19 Captain

ah, so there was residual glue on the ball when the aussies were sandpapering away, gotcha! ;)

Owzat

U19 Captain
What a prick, coming in here just to suck advice out of us and never to be seen again.
to be fair I'm sure a lot of people would ask people who would know and he may be more interesting in fixing his problem and playing cricket than spending time on a forum