• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

headbuttgate

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
As I said, I assume there is some boozy ''comic context'' which is being left out as it just doesn't make sense - no, although Tykes can be fairly strange, this is not normally a greeting one occurs in the ridings. I'm just going to put this down to typical Australian chirping. In that press conference, they are trying to depict England as socially weird and malicious, as well as trying to create a sort of comedic sequel to Stokes-gate. England should just ignore it, the players and media.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I have to say, this makes me like Bairstow so much more. I hope people from both sides see this for the fun it is. Banter and sledging should be about fun things like this.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I was rendered speechless by Smith's schoolgirl laughing, and thought to myself, is this the heir to the office once held by Border and Waugh?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I was rendered speechless by Smith's schoolgirl laughing, and thought to myself, is this the heir to the office once held by Border and Waugh?
I thought it was fantastic tbh. It's high time some sportspeople demonstrated their feelings towards the absurd questions journos ask looking for "that quote" or "that angle" so they can run a scandal headline. You could hear some team rep saying "I think he's answered it" but the journo kept going, trying to get what he wanted.

Bancroft was smart enough to give him nothing, and Smith found it funny. I fkn loved it.

Julian87

State Captain
**** Australia have played this well.

Unless Bairstow revels in being the very, very weird **** that he is they'll have it all over him for the entire tour.

Cow

Banned
**** Australia have played this well.

Unless Bairstow revels in being the very, very weird **** that he is they'll have it all over him for the entire tour.
He's a ginger travelling Aus in December and Jan. Famously poor Aussie banter is the least of his worries.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know, how dare a man laugh at something he found funny.

Border and Waugh would never stand for it.

Cow

Banned
Steven Smith has an English mother. One would have hoped that she would have drilled some decorum and humility into her son. However, it appears the influence of his father was too much and the lure of being an "Aussie lad" drove him down a dark path to where he is now.

This tale of woe, inner conflict and the battle between good and evil will also be the backbone of the new Star Wars film 'The Last Jedi" which is hitting cinemas in Australia on December 14th. Book your IMAX tickets below on the link provided;

https://www.imax.com.au/