• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

headbuttgate

Spark

Global Moderator
Neroli Meadows @Neroli_M_FOX
12m
I understand there was an incident in a bar in Perth, The Avenue, where Jonny Bairstow’s head connected with the side of Cam Bancroft’s.

Sky News Australia @SkyNewsAust
20m
#BREAKING The ECB is investigating reports English batsman Jonny Bairstow headbutted Australian batsman Cameron Bancroft in Perth earlier this month.

what's with lower order english batsmen and physical violence

Spark

Global Moderator
Bahahah is this real
oh yeah, exploded across my cricket follow list over the last 10 minutes. apparently the australians were sledging the **** out of bairstow today as a result, which is how the ecb hierarchy seems to have found out about it.

Cow

Banned
Before the facts come out I think it's safe to assume that Bancroft made a homophobic comment and Bairstow felt the need to step in.

I admire this England team, they don't walk away from conflict. I would say along with the Detroit Pistons of the mid 90s and every English rugby team ever, they maybe the toughest sports team I've seen.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
How far back does earlier this month mean and how are we only just finding out about this?

Spark

Global Moderator
How far back does earlier this month mean and how are we only just finding out about this?
It was when England was there for the tour match evidently, and they found out about it because the Australians were sledging the **** out of him (apparently)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems uncharacteristic for Bairstow.. comes across as a nice guy.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It was when England was there for the tour match evidently, and they found out about it because the Australians were sledging the **** out of him (apparently)
I don't get the latter part. Why didn't Bancroft, or anyone who might have been with him, let CA know that an England player had assaulted him? Seems an odd thing to sit on.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't get the latter part. Why didn't Bancroft, or anyone who might have been with him, let CA know that an England player had assaulted him? Seems an odd thing to sit on.
Neroli Meadows‏Verified account
@Neroli_M_FOX
22m22 minutes ago
More Neroli Meadows Retweeted Neroli Meadows
Police were not involved & the matter went no further. But I understand that is what the heated sledging to Bairstow was referring to today.

v0v