• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden calls subcontinental batsmen 'selfish'

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Don't let the facts ruin yet another attack on the Aussies though.

Jealousy I think it's called.
marc what u diid was quote a part of my comments as u always does

what i said was that after calling subcontinet batsmen as selfish when they near personal marks it was revealed by cricinfo that actually hayden was the selfish one and what i said was he will try to reverse the trend by socring slowly first and then increase

and i find it quite funny that not a single one who was saying that hayden was true on his comment has not commented on the facts provided by the Cricinfo :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

masterblaster

International Captain
How about the state of the pitch when Indian batsmen sometimes score slowly Marc?
Because clearly, India have played on some very slow pitches throughout the Asia Cup recently.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
India have played on some very slow pitches throughout the Asia Cup recently.
And who asked them to play slowly? They're supposed to be god on such pitches.

Remember those matches on flat tracks where the Indians conceded big runs, but did not score too many themselves?

Deja moo

International Captain
marc71178 said:
If they can start scoring quickly, then there's no problem with the pitch.

Not necessarily.......Michael Clarke scoring so quickly in the game vs India didnt necessarily mean that Haydens scoring so slowly in the same game had nothing to do with the pitch.....Or did it Marc ?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Because opening the innings is exactly the same to coming in near the end isn't it?

The overhead conditions (which tend to last for an hour or so in Europe) change, the pitch loses the early morning "zip" and the ball gets older.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
biased indian said:
marc what u diid was quote a part of my comments as u always does

what i said was that after calling subcontinet batsmen as selfish when they near personal marks it was revealed by cricinfo that actually hayden was the selfish one and what i said was he will try to reverse the trend by socring slowly first and then increase

and i find it quite funny that not a single one who was saying that hayden was true on his comment has not commented on the facts provided by the Cricinfo :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
haha, of course he will. Hayden will now go out to bat thinking "gee, I said something about not continuing on at a decent pace during the innings, I better start of really slow and increase so that people think I'm accelerating"

nice one.....

Deja moo

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Because opening the innings is exactly the same to coming in near the end isn't it?

The overhead conditions (which tend to last for an hour or so in Europe) change, the pitch loses the early morning "zip" and the ball gets older.

That contradicts post #264

kasra

Cricket Spectator
marc71178 said:
Don't let the facts ruin yet another attack on the Aussies though.

Jealousy I think it's called.

thats right Marc, don't let facts ruin your defence of Hayden's statement either
See the link below from Cricinfo which says "the strike rates of the top Indian batsmen between the scores of 71 and 100 are actually marginally better than that of the top Australian batsmen"

http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/AUG/032624_23YARDS_27AUG2004.html

It doesn't prove Hayden's wrong, but there is no evidence to say he's right either. The people defending his statement have only provided only anecdotal (often prejudicial) evidence. Facts show he's playing mind games.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hayden???

Diabolical, selfish, slow, cowardly, appaling for cricket and appaling for Australia.. Worst batsman I have ever seen...ever.. :) Get Tuffers in there....