• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has more money made the Australian cricketers bogans?

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
Would find it hard to pick many non bogans in the Aus side at moment.

Haurtiz and S. Clarke would be the exceptions

Maybe M. Hussey.

Is this because they are getting paid so much money.

Aus cricketers have become like Rubgy League players

Look at how go professional has change the type of Rugby Unions players
now.

pasag

RTDAS
Develops a sense of entitlement, players are isolated from reality, have an elevated sense of self-worth etc. Could go on forever.

Look at the NBA for countless examples.
Nah, you don't really become a bogan with money usually. You start off a bogan and money either makes you normal or a CUB.

Develops a sense of entitlement, players are isolated from reality, have an elevated sense of self-worth etc. Could go on forever.

Look at the NBA for countless examples.
Like the Indian players. Just thinking about the whereabouts clause.8-)

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Darn those Aussie cricketers with their beat up VL Commodores, houses strewn with VB cans and pumping out babies for the baby bonus.

I have no idea what the topic starter is on about.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Recently heard at an Australian team dinner:

Michael Clarke: [voice-over] Coach also had a way of making everyone feel important.
Tim Neilsen: Go on Pup tell him. Tell 'em. Go on tell him.
Michael Clarke: [voice-over] Like the time I claimed a catch when I had dropped it.
Tim Neilsen: Pup claimed a catch when he actually dropped it.
Michael Clarke: [voice-over] And he would compliment Punter every night on his cooking
Tim Neilsen: Well hello. How's this boys. Woo hoo. What' do you call this?
Ricky Ponting: Chicken.
Tim Neilsen: and it's got something sprinkled on it
Ricky Ponting:Seasoning
Tim Neilsen: Seasoning! Looks like everybody's kicked a goal.
Bogans? The Aussie cricketers? No chance. Tell Andrew Pollock he's dreamin'.

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
I guess what i am asking are bogans overrepresented in the current side.

If bogans say make up 20% of the population, they should have only one or two bogans in the side. But the current make up is more like 80-90%.

Why are is there more Haddins in the side than Stuey Clark's?

Last edited: