• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Happy 19th birthday CricketWeb and 20th birthday ideas

James

Cricket Web Owner
Today marks 19 years since CricketWeb opened back on October 12th 2001!

Next year is obviously a big birthday for the site in turning 20. I'd like to do something to celebrate this achievement in recognizing what all the contributors and members have done over the past 20 years.

Any suggestions/ideas would be very welcomed.

Cheers everyone.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder how many active members are actually predated by the site these days. Have an idea that it might me more people than one my think

Shri

Mr. Glass
Next year is obviously a big birthday for the site in turning 20. I'd like to do something to celebrate this achievement in recognizing what all the contributors and members have done over the past 20 years.

Any suggestions/ideas would be very welcomed.
make flem and furball mods again for one day on the anniversary

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
i think it's only trundy, i'm 21 and before the trundster came along i think i was the youngest no? was 15 or 16 when i came here first

congrats @James!!
Trundler the only one to have actually stated his age, but I suspect he isn't alone. Have to admit I thought you were older than me for a while but as it turns out that isn't the case

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats @James and rest of the site runners and staff and the mods here (everyone past and present). :) This is a great achievement.

I think the Stats Spider relaunch is a pretty awesome step, James and if we can get that going, that will be a very unique offering of CW amongst the various cricket sites that cater to the fans. Other than that, I think our band of niche writers provide the kind of coverage which you do not often see on cricket sites too reviewing old books and historical players, series etc. Maybe some content around current cricket would be a welcome addition just so that we have those perspectives covered too.

And the CW podcast could be advertised on the main page as well as the off and on commentary that we do.

Just a few suggestions of the top of my head. I know I have not bee able to commit the time I said I can and I am really sorry about that, but I do hope I can contribute more going forward.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Go back to match reports during series and link them to match/ tour threads. Loved them.

Make me sole moderator.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Trundler the only one to have actually stated his age, but I suspect he isn't alone. Have to admit I thought you were older than me for a while but as it turns out that isn't the case
a win for depraved ****posting

it makes the serious posts i make seem comparatively better

James

Cricket Web Owner
Congrats @James and rest of the site runners and staff and the mods here (everyone past and present). :) This is a great achievement.
There's been well over 100 people contribute in various ways over the years, and it's been fantastic working with people from pretty much every corner of the globe :) Along with having the pleasure to meet a few of them.

I think the Stats Spider relaunch is a pretty awesome step, James and if we can get that going, that will be a very unique offering of CW amongst the various cricket sites that cater to the fans.
I'm making good progress on my side, just need to get the team together more often don't we.

Other than that, I think our band of niche writers provide the kind of coverage which you do not often see on cricket sites too reviewing old books and historical players, series etc. Maybe some content around current cricket would be a welcome addition just so that we have those perspectives covered too.
We don't have as many contributors in the writing space as we once did. It would be great to have some current cricket coverage too, but I think the site has the edge over others in the content we do provide as it's different and unique.

And the CW podcast could be advertised on the main page as well as the off and on commentary that we do.
Definitely, that's a great point. Will look to do that.

Just a few suggestions of the top of my head. I know I have not bee able to commit the time I said I can and I am really sorry about that, but I do hope I can contribute more going forward.
That would be great, always appreciated :thumbsup:

Go back to match reports during series and link them to match/ tour threads. Loved them.
Maybe we could try and pull the team back together again mate ;)

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am willing to do some match reports for the IPL to get started. Maybe a retro of the half time of the IPL as it is right now. I will see if I can get some help from @duffer and @vcs and @Shri as I know they have been watching almost all games too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I am willing to do some match reports for the IPL to get started. Maybe a retro of the half time of the IPL as it is right now. I will see if I can get some help from @duffer and @vcs and @Shri as I know they have been watching almost all games too.
Let's do one together lad. Bound to draw top dollar at the box office.

Edit: oh wait, you are talking about match reports rather than commentary. I had better leave that to you, haha.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for raising your hand mate, perhaps could try a weekly summary article, or a mid-way IPL point article, rather than individual match reports?