• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hadlee vs Kallis

Hadlee vs Kallis in Tests.

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kallis v Sobers is a relatively like-for-like comparison. Otherwise there aren't really any bats of his calibre that could be classed as all rounders

subshakerz

International Coach
Its really not, I mean, I think someone mentioned Ashwin earlier in the thread, he really is a perfect comparison, would you call his batting a game changer? Or even blokes like Healy and Marsh?
No, Ashwin's batting isnt a gamechanger, neither was Hadlee. It was a bonus. They are borderline all-rounders.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Hadlee is a wanker and that is a huge factor. It makes statements such as 'his batting was overrated', 'his bowling only looks good because he hogged the bowling' and 'his hair was stupid' all be truer. He kept the car for himself! Enough said.

subshakerz

International Coach
Against the 2 best bowling attacks of his era:
Hadlee averaged 32.41 with the bat vs WI
Hadlee averaged 37.26 with the bat vs Pak

Against the 2 best batting lineups of his era:
Kallis averaged 37.56 with the ball vs Aus
Kallis averaged 41.31 with the ball vs Ind
Decent numbers but I think sheer output suggests Kallis is better in his second discipline.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Hadlee is a wanker and that is a huge factor. It makes statements such as 'his batting was overrated', 'his bowling only looks good because he hogged the bowling' and 'his hair was stupid' all be truer. He kept the car for himself! Enough said.
LOL the business regarding that damn car. What was he actually supposed to do, share it on different days of the week with team mates who lived
in different cities? You got a good memory because I'd have thought most people would've forgotten about this:)

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
He was a pretty good wanker though tbf

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stupid moustache, thought he was Freddie Mercury

Victor Ian

International Coach
Yeah. I'm sure I've expressed my true admiration for the wanker before. He is truely phenomenal. So is Kallis, as a batsman. Then he is a very good 5th bowler and exceptional in slips. I'd probably really go with hadlee, but it is very close. It's like that Ponting one. Hadlee is clearly slightly better.

subshakerz

International Coach
Yeah. I'm sure I've expressed my true admiration for the wanker before. He is truely phenomenal. So is Kallis, as a batsman. Then he is a very good 5th bowler and exceptional in slips. I'd probably really go with hadlee, but it is very close. It's like that Ponting one. Hadlee is clearly slightly better.
Phenomenal isnt the adjective I would use for Kallis the batsman.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Genuinely surprised at such a blow-out for Hadlee, yes he is a better Bowler than Kallis is a batsman - but Kallis is very much an ATG batsman on his own, Kallis is also a far better bowler than Hadlee is a batsman.
Good point this. Most people will say Hadlee was better in his primary skill that Kallis was in his and I would agree. But Kallis also had clearly the better secondary skill. It does make this a mighty close contest. They are both top 10 players of all time for mine.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Phenomenal isnt the adjective I would use for Kallis the batsman.
Why? He is kind of like Tendulkar stats wise. He was runs SA could depend on. Who cares about all this intent? SA barely lost on his stay. He was there being dependable runs first and it was up to others in that team to be the intent guys.

anil1405

International Captain
Why? He is kind of like Tendulkar stats wise. He was runs SA could depend on. Who cares about all this intent? SA barely lost on his stay. He was there being dependable runs first and it was up to others in that team to be the intent guys.
Do you have any real intent and a superior strike rate to drive this point into subshakerz mind? Because if you don't, you're wasting your time.