• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

H.S Draft- combined sum of XI's test high scores not to exceed 1000 (negotiable)

Victor Ian

International Coach
For people with left over runs, I submit that these are the extras that they score from the other team.

(the most fun you can have without being IN the draft)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Colin McCool 104

1 Douglas Jardine (c)
2 Stewie Dempster
3 Neil Harvey
4 Ted Dexter (6)
5 Laurie Fishlock
6 Colin McCool (5)
7 Frank Foster (2)
8 Bert Oldfield (+)
9 Shane Warne (4)
10 Fred Trueman (1)
11 Charlie Turner (3)

All with one run to spare.

Slifer

International Captain
Saeed Anwar
Allan Rae
Collin Bland
Damien Martyn
Johnty Rhodes
Lance Herbert
Derek Murray +
Ian Bishop 3
Michael Holding 2
Allan Donald 1
Bill O Reilly 4

Not too bad of a team. The batting is pretty bla but the bowling is pretty good IMHO.

anil1405

International Captain
Trevor Goddard (4)
Fred Grace
Viv Richards
Allan Border *
Ajay Sharma
Adam Gilchrist +
Andre Russell
Ray Lindwall (1)
Dale Steyn (3)
Colin Croft (2)
Subhash Gupte (5)

Happy with the way the team has shaped up.

Arguably the best batting unit in this draft. The batting has everything from stylish openers to some grit in Allan Border. In terms of aggression, the names speak for themselves. Viv and Gilly would take any opportunity and turn it into an advantage. Andre Russell and Ray Lindwall to play crucial knocks lower down the order.

Pretty happy with the way the bowling has shaped up. In Lindwall and Steyn, the team has two great fast bowlers who thrive in any conditions and they have wonderful support bowlers in Croft and Goddard. A world class spinner in Gupte to complete my bowling attack.

Viv, Border and Russell to chip in with few overs if and only needed.

With 3 ATG batsmen in my team, the rest are bound to raise their batting standards by 10-15% and collectively demolish the other bowling units.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Why hasn't someone created a sim that you can run these teams through? I would love to see the results. I am tilting towards Kingkallis' team due to the firepower in his bowling, but at the top level, there is not much in it and he might be a touch light in the batting. Some of the other teams have turned out as very good rivals. I'm liking morgreib's team too, and Anil's purely on the back of it containing Lindwall. I'm a bit of a Lindwall fan.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest Hunks

Akash Chopra - RHB
Simon Katich - LHB, SLC (8)
Dilip Vengsarkar - RHB
Shakib Al Hasan - LHB, SLA (7)
Keith Miller - RHB, RF © (3)
Tony Greig - RHB, RFM (4)
Kiran More - RHB (wk)
Alan Davidson - LHB, LF (2)
Graeme Swann - RHB, OS (6)
Frank Tyson - RHB, RF (1)
Yasir Shah - RHB, LS (5)

Really happy with the side I got. Batting depth all the way down to #9. 4 seamers and 3 spinners plus 1 back up Chinaman bowler to handle almost any condition or pitch Cricket can throw at us. A perfectly adequate wicket keeper who averages 25 inspite of an highest score of 74, indicating how consistently he got those vital 20s and 30s, shielded either side by some of the better batting and bowling allrounders the game has seen. A very good slip cordon and a couple of excellent and amazing short leg/silly point, close in fielders completes what has been a very satisfying draft side for the Honest Hunks. :)

Pretty sure I got the best bowling unit in the game.. Would wager the batting won't be too shabby either. What we lack in flashiness, we make up for in depth.

anil1405

International Captain
lol anil.. why won't you let Andre Russell bowl? :)
Too many cooks spoil the broth.... There are 5 top bowlers who will take care of the job and I don't believe in using others for the sake of it.

Andre will chip in with his golden arm in case there is a big partnership though. ;)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll take Ern Toshack as my last choice, making a very Australian team. Hopefully Vijay can feel comfortable in the changing sheds! Pretty happy overall, two excellent openers, followed by the elite Ponting and Hussey in the middle order. Law was a bit of a bargain, and is no doubt a guy who wouldve averaged 45+ if he'd played extensive test cricket IMO. Gregory and Blackham round out a strong batting line up. The bowling is led by the GOAT FB, Glenn McGrath, with Gregory to share the new ball with him. Johnston provides the left arm grunt work while taking wickets, and Toshack and Iverson give contrasting spin options that would be very difficult to bat against late in a test.

Enjoyable draft this, well done everyone.

Red Hill XI

1. Vijay Merchant (154)
2. Jack Fingleton (136)
3. Ricky Ponting (257)
4. Mike Hussey (195)
5. Stuart Law (54)
6. Jack Gregory (119)
7. Jack Blackham (74)
8. Ernie Toshack (20)
9. Jack Iverson (1)
10. Bill Johnston (29)
11. Glenn McGrath (61)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My worst player still averaged 45 against the greatest attack of them all 'nuff said

Jack Hobbs
Bruce Laird
Charles Macartney (6)
KS Ranjitsinhji
Arjuna Ranatunga *
Jock Cameron +
Learie Constantine (4)
Waqar Younis (1)
Brian Statham (3)
Neil Adcock (2)
Alf Valentine (5)

16 runs left over as well!

kingkallis

International Coach
Why is everyone talking about whats left over? Why spending budget properly is not important? Can anyone explain please?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'm trying to figure out who is the best middle-order batsman left within 184

Where is the list of all picked players?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
There isn't one. There might be an incomplete list somewhere 10 or so pages back. Made the last part of the draft difficult for me too tbh. Loved the concept though!