• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Totally unfair criticism. Raina's form has more to do with playing in England than with the position he is sent to bat.

On Sehwag, once again you have bought into the crap written in the media. No one knew how serious the injury was. Both Sehwag and Zaheer were injured, Medical staff gave the advice that the injry would heal hence they were taken.
That is up for debate even now. The guy was in good form and doing well at 3. Was there any real justification for moving him down and pushing Dhoni himself up?

AT best, it was experimentation for the sake of experimentation.

The same stuff everyone pilloried Greg Chappell for. (I am not talking CW guys here, btw)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Don't think so. However, what the scene is set for should India loose their next game, are burning paperplayers, attacks on players, indian newspapers calling for the entre team to be dropped in an instant and the like...

It's only cricket....and should SA choke people here will accept it. Takes a lot of pressure of the players and a more calm and free approach to the tournament.
lol... I still think India has one of the best sides for T20s in this competition.

Trust me, if they get knocked out of the Super 8s and end up winning only 1 out of 3 games against top 8 opponents, a fair chunk of the criticism will be justified. Their medical staff need to be questioned as well... We have an Indian physio now and with the spate of injuries the side is having (obviously playing so much cricket non stop is the main reason, but still...) one wonders if we need more guys around the team set up to take care of so many niggles..

gvenkat

State Captain
That is up for debate even now. The guy was in good form and doing well at 3. Was there any real justification for moving him down and pushing Dhoni himself up?

AT best, it was experimentation for the sake of experimentation.

The same stuff everyone pilloried Greg Chappell for. (I am not talking CW guys here, btw)
I Think you are right.. There was no need to experiement for the sake of experimenting.. Dhoni came in at 3 for all games and i thought it was for the right/left combination.. but against WI when rohit got out he sends in Raina.. Wonder what he was thinking... Eng although are crap, cant take them lightly...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Just how many matches has Raina batted in this WC so far to be able to lose his form ?

Man It is so annoying to hear this kind of criticism after just one loss.

gvenkat

State Captain
Just how many matches has Raina batted in this WC so far to be able to lose his form ?

Man It is so annoying to hear this kind of criticism after just one loss.
He was in form in the IPL.. What was the reason for Dhoni to come in at 3...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like it will be an away game for England. Huge support for the Indians.

I would be tempted to go in with a 3rd seamer given the way the Indians played the Windies quicks on Friday night. But Lardass doesn't have the same threat as Taylor or Fidel.

Think the South Africans should do the same on Tuesday, bring in Morne for Botha and look to clean house early up with the seamers.

Also like to see Napier get a gig. Strange that his former team-mate is so down on him.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
FWIW here's the England lineup, once again both a batsman and a bowler light.

RS Bopara, LJ Wright, KP Pietersen, OA Shah, PD Collingwood*, AD Mascarenhas, JS Foster†, GP Swann, SCJ Broad, RJ Sidebottom, JM Anderson

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ABSOLUTELY PUMPED FOR THIS!

Time to make some coffee and watch some entertaining cricket.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
RP Singh in. Irfan out.

I like! Would have given a kick up the arse to Ishant as well if truth be told.

Ojha being dropped I am not so sure about.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ojha dropped? WTF is Dhoni thinking? That too against England, the one side against which a spin bowler's success potential increases 100 fold.