• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The crazy thing is that if I was to respond to the 16toS's post it'd be "the latest episode in his tirade". 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A few forum names for you...

CC - Cricket Chat
CH - Cricket Humour
SD - Site Discussion
TF - Testing Forum
OT - Off Topic

Check-out SD for some interesting stuff...

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain

CC - Cricket Chat
CH - Cricket Humour
SD - Site Discussion
TF - Testing Forum
OT - Off Topic

Oh right. I've been in there but obviously I'm not au fait with your abbreviations. I'm still no closer to understanding your post where you referenced me though. Perhaps you'd like to explain so I can get it through my thick skull? :ph34r:

Edit: ok, I get it now. I thought you were having a go at me at first.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Your earlier post - parodying *a certain someone* - yeah?

If I were to respond to that it'd be the latest example of me having a pointless go at *a certain someone* out of completely and totally nowhere.

It'd not be just me responding to something someone else had said.

EDIT: see your edit... God, no, certainly not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, soz 'bout that. Wouldn't be the first time I've not explained myself well and appeared to be "'avin a go" at someone when I'm not... :wacko:

Swervy

International Captain

CC - Cricket Chat
CH - Cricket Humour
SD - Site Discussion
TF - Testing Forum
OT - Off Topic

maybe it would be better to use the full names of each forum...all these abbreviations are turning into this forums equivalent of management speak

PY

International Coach
maybe it would be better to use the full names of each forum...all these abbreviations are turning into this forums equivalent of management speak
Haha, I was at an interview yesterday and the HR person said to the engineer (there's one of each) "we'll touch base tomorrow to discuss today"...the engineer just looked blankly at her and nodded.

I think I did well not to burst out laughing. :laugh:

Swervy

International Captain
Haha, I was at an interview yesterday and the HR person said to the engineer (there's one of each) "we'll touch base tomorrow to discuss today"...the engineer just looked blankly at her and nodded.

I think I did well not to burst out laughing. :laugh:
hehehe..yeah I hate it all, and I am in management, and when I am in meetings I cringe at some of the things that are said!!!

Its just a method of exclusion by people who deem themselves as superior against those who arent in the know. One classic piece of jargon is that BS about a One Team Culture, and by talking about a One Team Culture, management are instantly alienating themselves from the majority of people at work, and in one go creating at least a Two team Culture...:laugh:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
............Anywho

Looking at tonights New Zealand vs Canada.

I think Canada are in for a fair old whacking. 350+ for sure.

New Zealand will be resting most of there bowlers, and ofcourse Ross Taylor is injured, so Peter Fulton will come in for him.
So this wont have any effect on the batting, just the bowling. I wonder if Tuffey can go at less than 5s versus a minnow. :huh:

So a line-up kinda like this:

Fleming
Vincent
Fulton
Styris
McMillan
Oram
McCullum
Gillespie
Tuffey
Mason
Patel

Vincent would be looking to cash in. He finally looked to be becoming consistent in the CB and CH series, but with 2 ducks in a row has made a poor start to the tourney.
With what has been done in the past, Fulton will most likely bat at 3. Although i would like to see McMillan go up the order a bit. He has been flaying a mighty bat recently, and it would be good to see him batting in the PP's. However, it will probably never happen.

Im not sure whether Gillespie is fit for the match, so if not i suppose Franklin would stay in. Also maybe the selectors will be unwilling to rest the 2 key bowlers in Bond and Vettori, so Patel might miss out. Or they could even go for the 2 spinners leaving out Gillespie/Franklin.

Also, if Gillespie does play, it would be interesting to see whether he gets promoted up the order because of his fine batsmenship during the CH :laugh:

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Gillepsie has been ruled out. His arm is giving him discomfort when he throws from the outfield.

His days at the WC seem numbered if he doesn't respond positively to his next round of antibiotics.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally I don't see why you'd have changes just to give someone else a go, the fringe players would be getting one game which won't make any difference unless they have to come in later. You should want the best XI playing over and over and so in the best possible form and rhythm as the schedule is pretty light in terms of workload. Give all the part-timers a bowl tho obviously.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Knowing how injury prone our guys are, I think there's a lot of good reason to rest players in these games. I'd say it's more to do with that than "giving everyone a go". I imagine almost any other test-playing nation would do the same in our position, too.