• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Raghav said:
You are ignorant of the fact that Ken is better cricket playing nation than Ban. Bangaldesh got the test cricket status only bcoz of their home fans but not for their cricket. Kenya is underrated since then. Kenya played better than Ban in many big events. Lets take a look at 2003 WC, kenya entered Semis and on the other hand Ban is out in the leagues itself. Kenya has some graet allrounders and it is really unfortunate for them to not to get the test status. Had they given test status , they would have been far ahead to BAN
Yes its true bangladesh has local support and kenya doesnt but that doesnt give you the right to say kenya is a better cricketing country....keyna went to the semi-finals because england and new zealand forfieted their games because of not wanting to play in kenya....kenya only had to beat sri lanka on the super 6 to get to the semi finals and im going admit bd played horrible that world cup but after that they defeated india australia and are in a winning streak of 7 or 8 games i think and look at their u19 team its looking a really good generation but im not saying kenya isnt good but not as good as bd

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
LA ICE-E said:
Yes its true bangladesh has local support and kenya doesnt but that doesnt give you the right to say kenya is a better cricketing country....keyna went to the semi-finals because england and new zealand forfieted their games because of not wanting to play in kenya....kenya only had to beat sri lanka on the super 6 to get to the semi finals and im going admit bd played horrible that world cup but after that they defeated india australia and are in a winning streak of 7 or 8 games i think and look at their u19 team its looking a really good generation but im not saying kenya isnt good but not as good as bd

Eventhough Eng and NZ forfieted their matches, winning against Srl is not an easy task. Tell me , Did ever Ban beat Srl? I think we have own rights to decide which is best. Do remember! Let us find out who trails better in the coming WC.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Raghav said:
Eventhough Eng and NZ forfieted their matches, winning against Srl is not an easy task. Tell me , Did ever Ban beat Srl? I think we have own rights to decide which is best. Do remember! Let us find out who trails better in the coming WC.
uh bangladesh didnt beat sri lanka but they beat the best team in the world - australia doesnt that count for something?8-)

mind you kenya's going play one of the worst odi teams- england on the other hand bd have to play india n sri lanka but still and come back here when you find out that bangladesh have improved alot of the last couple of years...

Raghav

LA ICE-E said:
uh bangladesh didnt beat sri lanka but they beat the best team in the world - australia doesnt that count for something?8-)

mind you kenya's going play one of the worst odi teams- england on the other hand bd have to play india n sri lanka but still and come back here when you find out that bangladesh have improved alot of the last couple of years...

Bangladesh beat Australia and couldnot beat Nz, that doesn't mean Nz is superior than Aus. And if you think that Ban beat Aus and do that mean Ban can beat any team,?if yes,,,then, cant it beat Ind and Srl? . I think it might be easy to beat Ind and Srl if you think Ban beating Aus as the comaprison Benchmark. :laugh:

And you are strongly accepting that Ban cant reach next stage and Ken have chances to reach next stage. Excuses will not do good for your reply........:wacko:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Raghav said:
Bangladesh beat Australia and couldnot beat Nz, that doesn't mean Nz is superior than Aus. And if you think that Ban beat Aus and do that mean Ban can beat any team,?if yes,,,then, cant it beat Ind and Srl? . I think it might be easy to beat Ind and Srl if you think Ban beating Aus as the comaprison Benchmark. :laugh:

And you are strongly accepting that Ban cant reach next stage and Ken have chances to reach next stage. Excuses will not do good for your reply........:wacko:
lol kenya doesn't have any more chance to making it to the next round than bangladesh does and guess what smart guy they did beat india already and yes it would be easy for them to beat india and sri lanka at the world cup IF they play like they did beating the aussies and guess what bangladesh beat the aussies does that mean they can beat any team? hell yea it is but here's the big IF again if they play like they did beating 'em see its about performing at your very best and if bangladesh perform at their very best they can beat any team

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd like to nominate this for a Gatting-Rana special

From the "I feel like slapping the **** out of you"

to

"Give a slap to your **** too...."

Quality :D

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Raghav said:
Um.. Yes ban beat sri lanka in the series they played a few months back.

Kenya have a great chance to repeat their heroics of 2003, theyl wipe the floor with canada for starters and england are going to have to play well to beat them, I really think if england played an odi series against kenya right now it would be pretty competitive, maybe england would win 4-1, or 3-2. And NZ are definitely beatable in those sorts of conditions, so Kenya have an excellent chance here.

As for bangla, they have a much tougher group, sri and ind will be playing in their own sorts of conditions and have a history of doing well in world cups, so itl be very tough, but bangla have shown signs of improvng. Im gonna stick my neck out and say bangla will reach the semis in 2011! How bout that?:unsure:

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Thats the weakest/funniest debate cricket web has ever had, if this doesnt get the Gatting Rana award, nothing will :laugh:

Raghav

albo97056 said:
Um.. Yes ban beat sri lanka in the series they played a few months back.

Kenya have a great chance to repeat their heroics of 2003, theyl wipe the floor with canada for starters and england are going to have to play well to beat them, I really think if england played an odi series against kenya right now it would be pretty competitive, maybe england would win 4-1, or 3-2. And NZ are definitely beatable in those sorts of conditions, so Kenya have an excellent chance here.

As for bangla, they have a much tougher group, sri and ind will be playing in their own sorts of conditions and have a history of doing well in world cups, so itl be very tough, but bangla have shown signs of improvng. Im gonna stick my neck out and say bangla will reach the semis in 2011! How bout that?:unsure:

If you still frighten about the competitiveness in the ban group, How would ban was able to beat aus? If it can beat a team like aus , cant it beat other tough team. You can bet if you are good supporter of Ban....But I still reckon Ken is far better than Ban

Raghav

based on nothing....he just says stuff without knowing what he's talking about....

You want the basis? I am still betting that on the previous records against some good teams and on the basis of better players in KEN and with the future best supporting KEN, I support KEN. If you don't believe just stop talking and lets wait till WC 2007

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But you're going off long ago results though.

Bangladesh are a lot stronger now than even 18 months ago.

And which of these Kenyan players are better?

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
But you're going off long ago results though.

Bangladesh are a lot stronger now than even 18 months ago.

And which of these Kenyan players are better?
I totally aggree, but kenya have a few youngsters with some talent, Varaiya i hear is a really good left arm spinner..