• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

LA ICE-E

State Captain
your just wack man go do something better than being a negative all the time, experience does make you a better player to some extent and if you experienced at getting thrashed then you try to learn from that experience and not repeat it. so experience does count so just dont even reply

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't tell me what to do and what not to do...

Experiencing getting thrashed - repeatedly - does no-one any good whatsoever. Yes, it probably makes you want to not repeat it, but if you're not good enough you can want something as much as you like, it ain't gonna happen.

And the only way to improve quality of cricket is to encourage people to play it - and ensure that when they do, they have the chance to play it in the best surroundings possible.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
8-)

However bad England are compared to the other 7 top-8ers, they're NOT as bad as Canada and Bermuda.

Natman20

International Debutant
Why even bother playing games in this pool? Its clear how it will end up before the tournament even starts.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because I$C$C have to have 16 teams at a World Cup. 8 doesn't sound global enough, other sports would sneer, and what would the International Olympic Committee think?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
no because its not fair for the associate and affliate members to not even have chance to compete in the world cup

Steulen

International Regular
no because its not fair for the associate and affliate members to not even have chance to compete in the world cup
Precisely. Cricket is elitist and old-fashioned enough as it is. To just exclude nations from playing simply because it's obvious beforehand that they're not good enough would be ludicrous and totally out of line with every other global sport.

Sure, the chances of Bermuda beating England are close to zero, but that's what happens in any other World Cup in any other sport as well. Don't go moaning about it, accept it and enjoy the little battles won by the minnows. India 204ao against The Netherlands in the 2003 WC is still one of my all-time favourite games of cricket. It doesn't really matter that the Dutch made only 130-odd in reply.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just stating the facts. There is usually a minnow that shocks someone. That doesn't mean the ICC should fund black holes of cricket where the countries will never progress beyond the minow stage.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
well you know the icc fund every member accordingly but at the same time it can't be unfair.they give money to the full members the most than top associates and it goes down to the last one.do you really thing the money going to kenya is going in at a black whole? stuff the like world cricket league isn't funded by the minnow countries so it needs money for that kind of stuff, yeah i know some goes to black holes-usa project but that was because of usaca but some do go to good stuff...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
well you know the icc fund every member accordingly but at the same time it can't be unfair.they give money to the full members the most than top associates and it goes down to the last one.do you really thing the money going to kenya is going in at a black whole? stuff the like world cricket league isn't funded by the minnow countries so it needs money for that kind of stuff, yeah i know some goes to black holes-usa project but that was because of usaca but some do go to good stuff...
If Kenya can't even fund its own team via local interest in the game, how can you say it has any type of a future?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You can't.

Kenya is a thoroughly dubious case, and their Cricket Board hardly helped matters.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
So why not have a "qualifying stage"?
there is its a tournament to get the top 6 out of the 97 you know...

If Kenya can't even fund its own team via local interest in the game, how can you say it has any type of a future?
You can't.

Kenya is a thoroughly dubious case, and their Cricket Board hardly helped matters.
uh yes it can and two the better a team gets the more fans they get...and i don't think kenya beating sri lanka in the super 6 was a dead game...may be i am wrong...:laugh: