• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

JustTool

State 12th Man
Damn, Yuvi against two spinners ...

Hi there - so glad that Mr. Tendulkar delivered again against pressure. Wake up all of you and smell the coffee. India was NEVER in this world cup. The body language says it all !!

Ok - let the personal insults begin - show your class. :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hi there - so glad that Mr. Tendulkar delivered again against pressure. Wake up all of you and smell the coffee. India was NEVER in this world cup. The body language says it all !!

Ok - let the personal insults begin - show your class. :laugh:
Tendulkar has scored before in WC games, if I remember correctly. Unless I imagined his 1700 runs.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I hope not, but you never know. Also, I doubt it because there is no one else. Who do you give it to? Sachin again? I don't think they would, plus he is not in form. Ganguly? Highly unlikely. The only other player is Kumble (not going to be around for ODI), and no other person who is well established and in enough form to warrant it.
Tendulkar has been given vice captaincy and has accepted it. So it is very much likely that he is the next in line. I have made cleared in the past why I think he would make a good captain as well.

Also, if people are not happy with Dravid and Ganguly is still there, he can work as a stop gap arrangement (if he doesn't retire).

Or a youngster or some one like we took on Azhar in 91-92.

So it is not as if options aren't available.

Five gone btw.

chalky

International Debutant
You can't pick a captain from someone who is still in domestic cricket!
I am not saying pick someone now but look to groom someone long term. I beleive Greame Smith, Ricky Pointing & Mike Atherton were earmarked as potential captains before becoming established internationals albeit with varying success.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Situation is different as there were senior players who could take over. Tendulkar could have taken over, so could Kumble. Now, neither of them are realistic options and none of the new ones are established yet.

Again - who would it be?
Mentioned in the previous post.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Tendulkar has been given vice captaincy and has accepted it. So it is very much likely that he is the next in line. I have made cleared in the past why I think he would make a good captain as well.

Also, if people are not happy with Dravid and Ganguly is still there, he can work as a stop gap arrangement (if he doesn't retire).

Or a youngster or some one like we took on Azhar in 91-92.

So it is not as if options aren't available.

Five gone btw.
Are you NUTS ! Stick a fork in Tendulkar - he is DONE ! Was done many years ago !

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Tendulkar has scored before in WC games, if I remember correctly. Unless I imagined his 1700 runs.
'

Yes, you are right tendulkar scores against minnows at most of time and when the pitch really suits him. He did not help his team nor he scored more than 10 runs when the team needed most. Remember,
at 99 WC, against AUS in super six...Out in 1st ball
at 2003 against AUS in final Out again cheaply
2007 against SRL, the scene continues.........

I really pity his star status..........But those runs in WC didnt help at any point of time to get the WC.........