• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Portugal isn't really a very strong team. Most of the first match, they struggled to pass the ball to Ronaldo. Also, v Morocco, VAR should have come into play.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In fairness Iran have probably been the biggest surprise so far as they have a tough group and look a decent side. Had the draw been kinder they may have qualified, who knows they may shock Portugal but I doubt it.
Yeah completely agree, but I still wouldn't expect the game to be "a cracker" by any stretch of the imagination.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Spain v Morocco entertaining so far, mainly because Spain's defending has been none too clever. Morocco racking up the yellow cards as well.

Niall

International Coach
On a semi-related note, Ricardo Quaresma is actually a very underrated player.
I dunno.

I know its a cliche, but with that talent he should have achieved more in his career than he has. Lovely goal though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Morocco so unlucky in this group btw. The handball meant they should have got a penalty v Portugal. Night could have been even more exciting. Feel for Morocco.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There will also be some excellent schadenfreude if Iran somehow beat Portugal as well.
It would have been nice. Watching bits of tonight's match, I'd forgotten quite how dislikeable the Portugese are; as unattractive combination of play-acting and self-rightous petulance as you could wish to see. I suppose it won't change until some of the referees grow a pair and start dishing out cards for the incessant whining, which is something i would really like to see.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did Portugal get shafted as the comms are saying? Was following the Spain-Morocco game