• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm expecting at least a couple more goals. Great start to the 2nd half. Ronaldo is not going to lie down and accept this.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lovely strike from Nacho, that. Some skill to keep that so low.

What price a Chavnaldo hat trick now though?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This has pretty passing with high skill levels (and 2 talented teams) but I really can't understand how this is the most popular sport in the world. It is very hard to analyse in depth like cricket and rugby.
My take is its very simplicity that makes it so popular.

Like every sport, the more one watches the more it reveals (especially in the stadium itself, football is quite badly served by telly, despite its ubiquitous coverage on the medium, so much movement off the ball isn't seen), but it is welcoming to the casuals in a way union and cricket aren't.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have to say, my deep hatred of Ronaldo seems a long time ago. They don’t come any better.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That was great, at least the bits of the replay I caught in between kids harassing me relentlessly. Still don't know what happened with that Spain shot that hit the crossbar. Christiano Ronaldo is such a freak - seems like his legs are designed differently from the rest of the human race.

Spain were good too - who needs a coach. Iniesta must be in his early 50s by now so should be able to perform that role :).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That was great, at least the bits of the replay I caught in between kids harassing me relentlessly. Still don't know what happened with that Spain shot that hit the crossbar. Christiano Ronaldo is such a freak - seems like his legs are designed differently from the rest of the human race.

Spain were good too - who needs a coach. Iniesta must be in his early 50s by now so should be able to perform that role :).
Sweet, can't wait till I'm 50, didn't realise it automatically qualified you to coach professional sports teams.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
not just being 50 ofc - you also need to be balding and have a look of inscrutability and zen mastery about you to really make it

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has pretty passing with high skill levels (and 2 talented teams) but I really can't understand how this is the most popular sport in the world. It is very hard to analyse in depth like cricket and rugby.
It's the ease with which it can be played anywhere imo. You don't need anything besides the ball. The learning curve does not start off steep. How many other sports can boast that? It's why frisbee (ugh) is exploding in popularity of late.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Spain-Portugal seems pretty boring. Clearly made the right call by staying up to watch Egypt-Uruguay and the first 65 minutes of Morocco-Iran.

Xuhaib

International Coach
A better World Cup showing here then Messi and I believe Ronaldo will take the crown of the best player of this generation.That seemed impossible just couple of years back

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How can soccer have less depth than cricket. The amount of stats and skill points FIFA games have for their players is crazy

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Spain looks to be the better team in the highlights reel. De Gea must be kicking himself :laugh: