• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Iran, USA, Wales

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
21 November 2022
England v Iran

21 November 2022
United States v Wales

25 November 2022
England v United States

25 November 2022
Wales v Iran

29 November 2022
Wales v England

29 November 2022
Iran v United States

Last edited by a moderator:

Aritro

International Regular
The Yanks are going to make some noise in this world cup. Specifically, noises like, "Yes!" and "Come on!" because they're going to win some games.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The way England are playing lately, an upset or two in the group could be possible if they don't turn things around?

RiderJake

Cricket Spectator
This is the most interesting group. Iran has gathered in the company of English-speaking countries - it will be hot not only on the field of play, but also in the stands. The fans will find a way to heat things up :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus, even with 26 places to play with it looks thin AF.

Maguire; ugh. I mean, it was inevitable, but there's always that thin sliver of hope. Tomori must be regretting not throwing his lot in with Canada now.

Sancho, Toney & Abrahams are all probably a wee bit aggrieved too, given Wilson hadn't featured since god was a lad, half decent start to the season notwithstanding.

Phillips and Walker are both broken currently too? 'Cos taking injured players to tournaments always works...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Toney must have been amazingly unimpressive when he was in the squad. Two friendlies (or was it is NL? Same thing anyway) and didn't play a single second. Now left out for Wilson.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I have no major concerns with that squad. It is a bit thin, but that's mostly down to injuries I guess. Maguire aside it's probably close to the best available. Not sure how Coady gets in ahead of Tomori either actually, but oh well.

Edit: would have easily taken Toney over Wilson as well. Not really sure what Wilson offers that the other forwards picked don't, and Toney is probably worth including for his penalties alone given England's record with such things.

Lack of cover for Shaw at LB is pretty dodgy as well.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbh my biggest hope is that Saka, White and Ramsdale barely play, and just get a good rest.

Failing that I just hope they don't get injured.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Scheduling is a bit naf. Start on Sunday and the hosts is the only game? Just start on the friday then we have 2 full days on the weekend.