• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Australia, Namibia, Scotland, Oman

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

capt_Luffy

International Regular
I mean, if England or Australia can miss qualifying from this group; they should just give up their Test status.....

number11

State 12th Man
England's squad is powerful. It will take some effort for any team to stop England successfully defending the crown. The batting line up is power-packed with modern ultra aggressive T20 players.

Buttler
Salt
Brook
Duckett
Bairstow
Livingstone
Jacks

Are all dynamite batsmen. No team can better that firepower- match it, possibly.

The bowling has extreme pace [Wood, Archer], a leggie of substance [Adil] etc etc.

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
It's official. Jof is back 😎 Full squad is:

Jos Buttler (capt, wk), Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Ben Duckett, Tom Hartley, Will Jacks, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, Mark Wood

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good to see the great man back; just hope it's not premature.

No Root or Malan is, um, definitely a choice. Surely at least one of them is a better bet than Hartley, Jacks or Livingstone? Root's and Malan's slow stuff doesn't lose too much in comparison (especially the former's) with that served up by them either.

Molehill

International Captain
Good to see the great man back; just hope it's not premature.

No Root or Malan is, um, definitely a choice. Surely at least one of them is a better bet than Hartley, Jacks or Livingstone? Root's and Malan's slow stuff doesn't lose too much in comparison (especially the former's) with that served up by them either.
Livingstone is the one for me who is largely stealing a spot, not really done anything recently to suggest he should be selected.

Jacks has been great since coming into the RCB team, his new ball spin very handy too. The top 5 looks like being Salt, Buttler, Jacks, Bairstow, Brook (I'd consider Duckett over Bairstow to be honest but you know how this England set up loves YJB). Then I guess it's something like Moeen, Livingstone, Curran, Rashid, Wood/Archer, Topley.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
England's bowling attack's going to be absolute garbage in this tournament. The batters will really need to turn up. If they can get Curran, Rashid, Archer and Topley on the park consistently, they've got a chance, but Wood/Jordan are poor selections imo. I think Molehill's got the line-up pretty much right - I'm happier with Ali/Livingstone at six/seven, sharing four overs and hoping one of them comes off with the bat - than Curran batting at seven and lengthening the tail. There are three spinners at the top seven, so you can have four bowlers only.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
England's squad is powerful. It will take some effort for any team to stop England successfully defending the crown. The batting line up is power-packed with modern ultra aggressive T20 players.

Buttler
Salt
Brook
Duckett
Bairstow
Livingstone
Jacks

Are all dynamite batsmen. No team can better that firepower- match it, possibly.

The bowling has extreme pace [Wood, Archer], a leggie of substance [Adil] etc etc.
It is powerful, yes. But the South Africa batting line-up does match up to this in terms of firepower.

Qlder

International 12th Man
Australia's likely XI

1. Warner
2. Head
3. Marsh (c)
4. Maxwell
5. Stoinis
6. David
7. Wade (+)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood

Ellis, Green and Inglis would be purely back-ups but who does Agar replace if they go with two spinners? I'd think Cummins to make way which is maybe why he's not captain

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting we left out young the McJerk but picked old ones in Wade and Warner. Still looks an old squad to me.

I know he's biffed a few in the IPL but is Stoinis any good these days in T20s? Or am I confusing it with him being garbage in ODIs? Or is it both?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Interesting we left out young the McJerk but picked old ones in Wade and Warner. Still looks an old squad to me.

I know he's biffed a few in the IPL but is Stoinis any good these days in T20s? Or am I confusing it with him being garbage in ODIs? Or is it both?
He can be a decent #4 for you but he is not a 5-7 finisher.

Qlder

International 12th Man
Hasn't scored a 50 in last 10 T20i, and has only one fifty in last 34 matches (since March 2021). It was a 59* off only 18 balls though

Molehill

International Captain

McJerk is a potential match winner, him and Head could be lethal. Just don’t see what Warner brings now, that he’s been dropped by his IPL team sums it up.