• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP B - Australia, England, Zimbabwe

Athlai

Not Terrible
woeful :p

am glad the aussies played a few games

but im left unsatisfied.. the match finished so quickly.. i want more
India-Pak in an hour, after a night out on the town I wonder if I'm up to watch cricket at 4am my time. As its this match in particular I think attempting it can't hurt.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just don't fancy watching the minnows in more 1 sided meaningless games. We already had the 50 over World Cup ruined that way we could do without the 20 over one going the same route.

Anyway given the choice of who I would rather watch: Gilchrist, Pointing, Symonds Lee etc or Brent, Sibanda & Masakadza there is really no contest.
My post didn't really have any significance other than the fact that I was listening to the Kaiser Chiefs at the time.

Mermaidman

Cricket Spectator
Well played by the Aussies you thoroughly deserved to win the match, Pietersen is eating his words if England won his tactics work and if they do not he looks foolishbut he will keep being competetive and you have to take the rough with the smooth. The thing that concerned me during the match was the fitness of Freddie he is a world-class bowler and his ankle is showing no signs of healing or he keeps irritating it in the field, I am very worried. I was happy with Schofields perfomance ,Hayden was in and on fire in the last over.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit of an embarrasement for a few cricketweb posters tonight with Johnson and Hayden doing so well. Write of Queenslanders at your peril I say.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway to look on the bright side for England at least we can't get beat this badly off he boks tonight i the RWC:unsure:
Oh I think we can ....

Seriously poor stuff though. Obviously KP's a complete arse to come out with the comments he made, but in reality they didn't change anything. Hereonin. KP has to bat at 3 or we're just wasting the first few overs. No idea what they'll do about the bowling though. Has Kirtley's one over for 17 taught us anything? Surely we'd be better off letting Broad & Fred bowl the first 8 rather than saving them for the death, as most of the innings comes under that particular category in this form of the game.

Last edited:

Mermaidman

Cricket Spectator
He bowled well took a blinding caught and bowled but looked like his ankle was still knackered, he almost collapsed in his last over he had a joke with Matty Hayden afterwards.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He bowled well took a blinding caught and bowled but looked like his ankle was still knackered, he almost collapsed in his last over he had a joke with Matty Hayden afterwards.
Saw the last two overs, pretty interested in his 31 with the bat.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Probably his best piece of batting since one of the games against NZ in Jan or Feb.
Bodes well for England if he begins to sniff at some form again. Been a long long while since he's been effective at the crease, his bowling on the other hand is just impressive.

Laurrz

International Debutant
i agree i hope Flintoff is right... great cricketer and the only real pom i like.. it sucks about the buggered ankle

pasag

RTDAS
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
MADE MY ****ING YEAR!

Love it.
Best. Day. Ever!!!!
I thought Zimbabwe were going to bottle that, but anyway

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Go play your 'just a bit of fun' card now Aussies.
:laugh: :D :D :D

This is one of the greatest days of my life! I cannot believe it! I tell you I've sat through humiliation after humiliation and I've watched them get slaughtered and be thrashed and everyone tell mke how **** they all are but they've... they've WON! BEAT AUSTRALIA! and now I can hold my head high and say proudly that I am a fan of the Zimbabwe cricket team, and I never abandoned them, and I was always there! Brendan is a GOD! this is incredible!
Yesss!!! Man I Was Literally Jumping Up And Down When Zim Scored The Winning Runs!!!

Haha in your face Australia, in your face. I am sure the whole world must be jumping up and down about this result.
AWTA.

Now I am just praying England beat Australia.
Dammit, there goes any chances of Aus thrashing Zim and coming into the England game with a bit of complacency :@

But still...Australia lost! :laugh: :laugh:
Welcome to the new Australia.

I don't care what anyone says, I still have questions over Ponting's captaincy.
England FTW, let's be honest.
Worst post ever.

Lets knock the arrogant ****s out.

:)
Back to work. Might sneak a quick gloat in later after the victory (or of course come here to blame it all on the Umpire). Tara.
:laugh:

Chubb

International Regular
Yeah I support Zimbabwe, I have done for years, just check my old posts... making out I'm some kind of gloating Pom laughing about Australia losing to Zimbabwe.... Pasag, that's really unfair and a slur on my character. Mind you I did get a bit overexcited. The use of the large font was going a bit far.

Last edited: