• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP B - Australia, England, Zimbabwe

chalky

International Debutant
If Australia can't beat Zimbabwe or England, I don't think we'd see them being much good for the rest of the tournament regardless, tbh.
I don't know haven't they beaten England & South Africa in 20/20 games in Australia in the last couple of yeras. Infact if I remember correctly they absolutely hammered England so they do have good previous form. Add to that they have too much class to consistantly fail.

Laurrz

International Debutant
u guys recn hogg will get a go?
im a bit worried about him... wrist spin in this game is very dangerous

altho England have Schofield..but Hogg is a chinaman so thats even worse

then again going with 4 quicks lacks a bit of variety

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hilfy should be in the team today, with Watson having been ruled out of today's game, i think Clarke can replace Haddin and Hilfy can come in for Mitchell.
I think its also important to squeeze Hogg into the side somehow but its hard to think who he could replace.
Anyways it gonna be a huge game and i am hoping against hope Australia wins it.
hoping against hope? The Aussies have become that bad after one loss, is it?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This may sound like treachery coming from an Englishman, but I hope the Aussies qualify. I think the tournament will be a lot poorer with the Aussies not being there. So hopefully a narrow win for Australia today.
Worst post ever.

Lets knock the arrogant ****s out.

:)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Arrogant? Practically every Aussie on here admitted Zimbabwe outplayed us, as did Ponting - the captain of the Australian team.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Arrogant? Practically every Aussie on here admitted Zimbabwe outplayed us, as did Ponting - the captain of the Australian team.
I was talking more about the team in general, tbh.

I guess that's just their winning mindset, something as an Englishman, I'm not used too.

Anyway, I really fail to see how it's good for the game to have one team dominate in every form of cricket, and this might be the only chance to get rid of you lot, whilst the rustiness is still there.

chalky

International Debutant
I was talking more about the team in general, tbh.

I guess that's just their winning mindset, something as an Englishman, I'm not used too.

Anyway, I really fail to see how it's good for the game to have one team dominate in every form of cricket, and this might be the only chance to get rid of you lot, whilst the rustiness is still there.
I don't think it's good for the game to have Zimbabwe thrashed in every match in the next stage, which will more than likely happen if they go through.

As much as I like watching Australia lose I enjoy wtaching quality competative cricket a bit more.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
TBH, if BD were the third team in this group I wouldn't mind Australia going out as I think BD are capable of god scores. But as the commentators on Sky said yesterday, Zimbabwe probably have a limit to what their batting can do so I don't think they would be competitive in the next round (and I still don't think they should be here anyway. Any betting the ICC will use one T 20 win to justify them coming back to Test cricket) As for the Kirtley rumour I wonder if that means the new ball for Flintoff as there has been domestc matches this year where Kirtley has not taken the new ball (he's more of a death bowler). And a thought - September 2005: Andrew Flintoff: the new Ian Botham. September 2007: Andrew Flintoff: the new Devon Malcolm?

chalky

International Debutant
England won the toss & are batting 1st Kirtley in for Anderson.

Australia Michael Clarke in for Brad Hadddin.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Kirtley for Anderson. Clarke for Haddin.

No Hilfenhaus. Ohmygoshhhh.

C'mon Australia!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Back to work. Might sneak a quick gloat in later after the victory (or of course come here to blame it all on the Umpire). Tara.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
No Hogg ... pleased about that.
So am I - I'd like to know what aussies think as he's done well against us in 50 over games (some of our batsmen can't "read" him) and if I were an overseas selector I'd always pick a spinner aginst us(sometimes two)......